Hernia operation at HHH

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Hernia operation at HHH

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Anyone have any knowledge or experience of getting inguinal hernia repair surgery at Hua Hin Hospital?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Hernia operation at HHH

Post by Dannie Boy »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:27 am Anyone have any knowledge or experience of getting inguinal hernia repair surgery at Hua Hin Hospital?
Not at HHH, I had mine done at the Petcharat Hospital in Petchaburi by a Dr Wittaya who is reportedly one of the best Urologists in the area - I have previously posted his details on the Forum, but if it’s of any interest to you, I can do so again?
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:45 am
GroveHillWanderer wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:27 am Anyone have any knowledge or experience of getting inguinal hernia repair surgery at Hua Hin Hospital?
Not at HHH, I had mine done at the Petcharat Hospital in Petchaburi by a Dr Wittaya who is reportedly one of the best Urologists in the area - I have previously posted his details on the Forum, but if it’s of any interest to you, I can do so again?
That's OK, I saw your posts about him. One thing though, do you know if he takes insurance payments directly?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I paid the hospital direct rather than Dr Wittaya and it was self financed, but I’m certain the hospital would take insurance. For what it’s worth, I would recommend Dr Wittaya, very professional and a good sense of humour - he told me that the nurse would be round to shave me prior to the operation and he said she’s very attractive - well without being intentionally rude, she was definitely not attractive, but maybe that was a good thing!!
Groodman

Stent procedure at HHH

Post by Groodman »

Anyone had a Stent inserted at HHH.