Selling House Transfer Procedure

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Selling House Transfer Procedure

Post by Green Nomad »

We are selling our house in Hua Hin, and my Thai wife is concerned that the agent has not mentioned receiving bank account details, only that when the Sales and Purchase Agreement is signed that a cheque for the net amount is handed to her at the land office when the transfer fees etc are paid in cash. Has anyone on here sold a house without the appointment of a solicitor? There is still time to do this I suppose.GN
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Selling House Transfer Procedure

Post by Nereus »

Green Nomad wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:05 am We are selling our house in Hua Hin, and my Thai wife is concerned that the agent has not mentioned receiving bank account details, only that when the Sales and Purchase Agreement is signed that a cheque for the net amount is handed to her at the land office when the transfer fees etc are paid in cash. Has anyone on here sold a house without the appointment of a solicitor? There is still time to do this I suppose.GN
I just sold mine a few months ago, but I did use a lawyer. The Land Dept are not interested in either the price, or how it is paid. The buyer used a bank cheque, so just make sure that your wife has it in her hand before signing anything.

Your bank account details are NOT required, and have nothing to do with the Land Dept, or the buyer.
Just make sure that the name written on the bank cheque is EXACTLY spelt correctly, and matches the bank account name.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Why not appoint a lawyer and have confidence, and security, in the process? I wouldn't trust an agent, or come to that, the land office, to do the right thing, without one.
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I think the buyer is more in need of the services of a lawyer for a House transaction - the seller is really only interested in getting the money.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

caller wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:34 pm Why not appoint a lawyer and have confidence, and security, in the process? I wouldn't trust an agent, or come to that, the land office, to do the right thing, without one.
I think that I may include lawyers in that! A Land Dept "official" would be more inclined to do a shady deal with a lawyer, rather than a single land owner. Ask me how I know!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

We hired a lawyer, one recommended by members here (not a sponsor) when we bought in Hua Hin. They missed a loan collateralized by the land but, luckily, the land office caught it and all worked out. When mentioned to the lawyer they just shrugged it off.

When we sold we did not use a lawyer, as mentioned just give me the money.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.