Premier League 2023-24

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Premier League 2023-24

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:11 pm
Lost wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:13 am With City beating Villa and Chelsea beating United, it's another point forward.
You really need to have a little consideration for your elders (and betters). I thought I was having yet another senior moment as I was frantically wracking my brain trying to think of when these games took place...

If you've jinxed those results, I'll never forgive you.
:thumb:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Man City were able to have Haaland and De Bruyne on the bench last night against Villa and still win at a canter, with MOM Foden getting a hat trick - although not a City fan, I do admire Foden both as a player and someone who appears to be a very level-headed young man - hopefully he can do the same in the summer wearing his England shirt!!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:38 am hopefully he can do the same in the summer wearing his England shirt!!
Not a chance! Southgate doesn't use him in the same way. He's not even a guarenteed starter.
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

caller wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:38 am hopefully he can do the same in the summer wearing his England shirt!!
Not a chance! Southgate doesn't use him in the same way. He's not even a guarenteed starter.
Providing Foden maintains his current form, I don’t think Southgate will be able to resist the pressure - still, no point in arguing about it, we’ll know in just over two months time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Beautiful goals by Foden yesterday. Especially the last one up in the corner!

YNWA

YNWA
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Fk sake Chelsea, really? You were 2 up. :banghead:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Let's all laugh at United. :mrgreen:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Screenshot_20240404-222112_BBC Sport.jpg
Screenshot_20240404-222112_BBC Sport.jpg (17.02 KiB) Viewed 213 times
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Cracking game for the neutrals!!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:08 am Cracking game for the neutrals!!
Cracking stuff indeed. I'd go so far as to say it was one of the best games I've seen in a long time.
dtaai-maai wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:11 pm
Lost wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:13 am With City beating Villa and Chelsea beating United, it's another point forward.
If you've jinxed those results, I'll never forgive you.
It was a close run thing, but you just about got away with it...
:cheers: :cheers:
This is the way
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:48 pm It was a close run thing, but you just about got away with it...
So did Pochettino, played his get out of jail card well......

I can get the psychology of fielding the same XI that were so awful against Burnley, a few days of pep talks, plus open criticism of their performance from the media and fans, to get them fired up, and all that. Except all it proved was how wrong he was!

We started great and fully deserving of the 2-0 lead, then it all went pear shaped. And once again, Caicedo was the catalyst. That must be about the 6th goal we have conceded from his poor passing just outside the box, or more commonly, losing possession in that situation, and he just can't help himself as he keeps doing it! Muppet.

So Utd got their equaliser, and then a 2nd, and then took the lead, all in quick succession. Was that a surprise to any of you here, watching the game? No? I thought not. So why did it appear a surprise to Pochettino, who, as I have pointed out here before, waited for that 3rd goal to go in, before making changes, too late, as ever. As usual.

Chalobah, was fit for last nights game, after being out most of the season, his return as a sub was followed by 4 games in central defence on the trot, where he is better and more exerienced than either Disasi or Badiashile, he then got a minor knock and missed the Burnley game, hence he was on the bench last night and watchwd tweedle dee and tweedle dum being run ragged, as Utd scored at will. It was Badiashile, centre back turned left winger, seemingly, who gave the ball away, when miles out of position in the opposition half, that two passes later, and woefully out of position, led to Uniteds 3rd.

Then Pochettino made changes. Reactive rather than proactive! It is ordained and it will cost him.

On saying that, the ending was a huge buzz and fun to see Ten Hag is now morphing into Pinocchio. Maybe he hopes it will save his job?
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

He did it just to provide some excitement to an otherwise lack-lustre season!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:22 pm He did it just to provide some excitement to an otherwise lack-lustre season!!
That's about as good an explanation as I have heard! :D
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

After a fairly tame first half, City have turned the wick up against Palace in the second half to lead 4-1, with KDB at the heart of most of it - a true talent!!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:17 pm After a fairly tame first half, City have turned the wick up against Palace in the second half to lead 4-1, with KDB at the heart of most of it - a true talent!!
I’ve obviously put the curse on them - Palace have just pulled a goal back to 4-2, but with only a few minutes left, I can’t see it changing the outcome.