Swimming Pool Leak Repair

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Swimming Pool Leak Repair

Post by Geko »

Looking for someone that can repair a swimming pool leak, I have traced the leak to somewhere between the main return line from bottom of the pool to pump inlet, so will involve some digging.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Swimming Pool Leak Repair

Post by Nereus »

Geko wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:42 am Looking for someone that can repair a swimming pool leak, I have traced the leak to somewhere between the main return line from bottom of the pool to pump inlet, so will involve some digging.
Hmm, good luck with that mate!
If it is indeed leaking on the pump suction line from the bottom of the pool, I would not even attempt to try and fix it. It could be anywhere from the PVC fitting at the bottom of the pool, to just a simple bad joint that you can find. I would also not recommend digging under the actual pool stucture, and if you do the pool will need to be emptied.

If it was mine I would look at running a new PVC suction line on the surface, with a short section from the top of the pool to the bottom. It would need a vertical check valve at the bottom to maintain the prime. It could be placed in one corner of the pool where nearest the pump.

If it is losing a lot of water, then the connection at the bottom of the pool will need to be blanked off, but that can be achieved intially by simply placing a plastic bag full of sand over it.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!