Sam Roi Yot viewpoints

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Sam Roi Yot viewpoints

Post by STEVE G »

Yes, it definitely looks good for a visit on my next trip out.
As regards lotus flowers, my partner grows a lot of them and seems to have some of them flowering all year round but I don't know what happens in the wild.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

When I was teaching in Shanghai, a bit more than four years ago, lot of them were blooming in July/August but then again Shanghai is quite a lot north from Hua Hin.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I asked Mr Google, and he said end June through to August, which is why I said wait until July.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:06 pmDo you have any idea how long the boardwalk is from start to finish? The way I read it, you bought your tickets before actually getting there. Where was the ticket office please?
Erm, I never even considered the length, sorry. It wasn't so long, but when you keep stopping to look at fish, birds, the weather - very changeable - which had a dramatic effect on the landscape, sometimes dark and sombre, at other times very vibrant and light, distance and time weren't noticed. I also spent a fair amount of time up on the viewpoint.

The ticket office is right there, on your right, as you enter. Very friendly, very informal, very helpful, useless map. We got a better one from the other side of the park. The whole area is very compact, just the boardwalk spreads out.
Talk is cheap
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Thank you very much for the feedback caller and the great photos
Will definitely go there when lotuses are flowering
:cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Will most likely check this place out this weekend while National Park entry is free. Will decide from the freebie whether it's worth going back and paying for the flowers.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20