Covid Accessories - How Times Have Changed

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
Big Boy

Covid Accessories - How Times Have Changed

Post by Big Boy »

My son had to go for a MRI scan this morning. He needed a Covid Test and had to wear a mask. He had neither with him. He was despatched to 7-11, where he bought an ATK Test Kit and a packet of 6 decent quality (claimed to be surgeon quality) masks. The total cost was just 45฿.

You just can't compare prices now to prices at the height of Covid. I think an awful lot of little men made an awful lot of money from Covid.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Covid Accessories - How Times Have Changed

Post by Dannie Boy »

And some big men probably made more!! I’m sure that even at its height, costs in Thailand were significantly less than in the UK, but those prices you quoted are unbelievably cheap.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LOL, yes, annoyingly we've still got a stock of test kits in the cupboard that cost an awful lot more. :banghead:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

As is the norm, many made serious money from a serious problem and were allowed to do so. The joke being the multitude that take Covid as a joke/overrated/non-existent condition - I can assure you it's real.

BUT, if you think the money grabbers are finished, think again. What for the "Clean-up", those disposable masks, test kits, plastics (gloves..) etc. clogging up our waste systems, rivers, seas....? Perhaps these issues aren't a consideration for many in the likes of Thailand, China et al, but......
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
deepee
Guru
Guru

Post by deepee »

Was listening to this very subject being discussed on TV news recently, seems mask manufacturers have built up large stock piles and are now suffering storage fees to warehouse this surplus so they are dumping product at the cost of shipping only to clear their stocks and recover some of their outgoings.
But probably the best silent achievers of this whole C19 affair have been the funeral directors who are continuing to do just fine thank you as death rates still remain above the average.
Complexity is so simply overrated