British labelled decaf tea

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
caller
Hero
Hero

British labelled decaf tea

Post by caller »

I couldn't find a specific thread about them, if there is one, please merge.

I am an irregular, regular shopper. But the last two times I have been, the last being earlier today, they seemed quite low on stock. I can't talk of frozen stuff, as I didn't have the means with me to keep anything frozen that might have interested me.

In particular, they were low on tea bags and had no decaf, which I have been buying from there for a long time. I asked if they would be getting some more in and was told, 'no, finished'.

So I ended up with two mince pies for 59 baht, which hopefully will exceed expectations, a tin of lentil and bacon soup, a pack of popadoms, which even I should be capable of heating up and a jar of pickled onions.

No corned beef, tinned chilli (I know, I know), but just convenient at times, and some other stuff I usually pick up, especially tea bags!
So the question is, does anyone know where british labelled decaf tea can be found? Is there an alternative to AP anywhere?
Talk is cheap
joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: AP interfoods

Post by joelle »

caller wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:01 pm I couldn't find a specific thread about them, if there is one, please merge.

I am an irregular, regular shopper. But the last two times I have been, the last being earlier today, they seemed quite low on stock. I can't talk of frozen stuff, as I didn't have the means with me to keep anything frozen that might have interested me.

In particular, they were low on tea bags and had no decaf, which I have been buying from there for a long time. I asked if they would be getting some more in and was told, 'no, finished'.

So I ended up with two mince pies for 59 baht, which hopefully will exceed expectations, a tin of lentil and bacon soup, a pack of popadoms, which even I should be capable of heating up and a jar of pickled onions.

No corned beef, tinned chilli (I know, I know), but just convenient at times, and some other stuff I usually pick up, especially tea bags!
So the question is, does anyone know where british labelled decaf tea can be found? Is there an alternative to AP anywhere?
Try
Nany's Cafe Hua Hin 5/210 Hua Hin 88 Rd, Hua Hin
or
Route 88 Deli 38/169 Rotfai Road Hua Hin
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

or Euro deli Soi 102
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

You can buy decaf tea bags on Lazada
buksida

Re: AP Interfoods

Post by buksida »

Yes, I usually buy teabags on Laz, often cheaper than Hua HIn prices too. There are several Brit food stores such as this one: https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/food-variety/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Re: British labelled decaf tea

Post by Big Boy »

I'm not a tea drinker - absolutely hate the stuff. However, I have a friend with a restaurant. He buys in the Shopping Mall (I guess that would be the new supermarket on Pala-U road), which was due to open 16 December. No idea if they sell decaf, but it would make sense if they did.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote:Yes, I usually buy teabags on Laz, often cheaper than Hua HIn prices too. There are several Brit food stores such as this one: https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/food-variety/
When I clicked on the link the first thing I noticed was Branson baked beans at B61, which by Thai standards is very cheap - although I dare say that unless you spend a fair bit, they’ll be disproportionate shipping costs to add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yeah, you need to order a reasonable amount to offset the cost of delivery (which is seldom free anymore). We use it often down in the boonies where there are no shops, but all of this stuff is available in Hua Hin, albeit for a bit more.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:06 amWhen I clicked on the link the first thing I noticed was Branson baked beans at B61,
It used to be quite widely available at 55 baht!
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:34 am You can buy decaf tea bags on Lazada
Can you point me in the right direction, as my searches showed just a handful, and none from the brands I am interested in, which includes Heladiv from Sri Lanka and Dilmah from Oz.
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Here’s one but I’m sure there are more https://s.lazada.co.th/s.O7cn2
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:50 am Here’s one but I’m sure there are more https://s.lazada.co.th/s.O7cn2
and another

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.O7cpQ
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Thanks for the replies, if no joy elsewhere, and after I get back to Hua Hin in the New Year (I go to Bkk and then KK on Friday), I will check at Nany's and Route 88, neither of which I have ever visited, but I do know Eurodeli, but never really looked for tea there.
Talk is cheap
buksida

Post by buksida »

Just been in to Nany's to get some supplies and they had decaf in there.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

buksida wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:10 pm Just been in to Nany's to get some supplies and they had decaf in there.
Great - thanks. I will make time tomorrow to call in.
Talk is cheap