Hi All

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Hi All

Post by migrant »

Currently in the states (california) but working towards the move in 4-5 yrs, kids older and semi-early retirement looms.

Wife (to be in a couple months) is Thai, but has been here 10 years as a resident (widow). She is from near Cha Am.

Been to Thailand quite a few times and looking at HH area (but would prefer better scuba so ???) But she has land nearby and family (which I get along with great, no ATM cards requested).

Liked HH as a good mix of things to do, without the hustle and bustle of BKK. Will most likely settle out of town, but keep it reachable (probably not on weekends).

I see much wisdom and experience here so am looking forward to learning more, and sharing my 2 baht
pinksquid

Post by pinksquid »

Hello and welcome! :thumb:
As of mid August I am on vacation via traveling around the globe and I am not returning until the end of November (I have no Internet access until I return). Have fun!
HansMartin
Professional
Professional

Post by HansMartin »

Not many of us Yanks on this site or in HH. You will soon get use to the Queens English, but I doubt if we will figure out their geography, "futball" ,humour, or cricket.

My wife & I head to Thailand on Sept. 19th. BKK with her family and then down to HH. We've gone there for about 3-4 years and I love the place. We may buy a second home there if we figure this property ownership crap out!!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

HansMartin wrote:Not many of us Yanks on this site or in HH. You will soon get use to the Queens English, but I doubt if we will figure out their geography, "futball" ,humour, or cricket.

My wife & I head to Thailand on Sept. 19th. BKK with her family and then down to HH. We've gone there for about 3-4 years and I love the place. We may buy a second home there if we figure this property ownership crap out!!
:D :D I've got a few friends from 'the other side of the pond' and I must admit, if they have had a couple drinks I am generally lost!

Not only a fellow Yank, but from your avatar a fellow Californian!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

pinksquid wrote:Hello and welcome! :thumb:
Thanks!!!! :D
HansMartin
Professional
Professional

Post by HansMartin »

Migrant -- I'm here in the Bay Aea-- Union City/Palo Alto. How about you?