After Hours Clinic, Hua Hin Hospital

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Big Boy

After Hours Clinic, Hua Hin Hospital

Post by Big Boy »

This is a clinic I've used for myself and my family many times over the years, but I don't think I've really heard it mentioned here.

I think it opens from 16:30 until 20:00 Monday to Friday, and during the day Saturdays and Sundays. I've also seen it open when patients with a low triage rating at A&E get to be too many. It is available to everybody.

It is like a good old fashioned UK GP's Surgery. OK, no appointments, so you are seen in order of arrival, but they are quite efficient, and importantly, as its after hours it has access to hospital facilities such as x-ray or blood tests without huge delays. Farangs just pay Thai price (obviously not entitled to 30฿ scheme). When I've been, doctors have always spoken English.

They have recently moved this clinic to be alongside the newly re-vamped A&E, and apart from no coffee machine, it is very good.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: After Hours Clinic, Hua Hin Hospital

Post by hhinner »

These are the details posted on the HHH FB page for the Special Medical Clinic. Is it the same clinic?

Anyway, the graphic is in both Thai and English so no need for translation. Except maybe to say that the first entry in the table should be General
Medical.

Hope everything is more or less legible.
IMG_20240225_193215.jpg
(209.81 KiB) Downloaded 1092 times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, that is the clinic I go regularly - costs Farangs 450฿ plus everything else. The clinic I'm talking about has no cover charge.

The After Hours Clinic is just walk in. You simply pay what it costs, no other overheads. I've used it a few times over the years, and being newly relocated alongside A&E makes it even better.

[Edit] Having applied a translator onto the poster, it does mention a clinic with the same hours, but to a non-Thai speaker it isn't obvious that it's the same. I would think different, but may be wrong.

Points 48; Position 20
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:37 pm No, that is the clinic I go regularly - costs Farangs 450฿ plus everything else. The clinic I'm talking about has no cover charge.
BB, at the SMC does paying the 450 Baht also mean that you jump any massive queues in the other departments you might have to visit afterwards? Haematology for example, where I've seen the waiting room packed to the rafters.

Another thought, the 5th floor clinic I thought used to be 'Premium Clinic' during the day Mon-Fri and 'SMC' after 4 pm. Is that right?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Certainly for every clinic I've visited, yes. Of course, there may be a mini-queue of others using the SMC.

Points 48; Position 20
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:02 pm Certainly for every clinic I've visited, yes. Of course, there may be a mini-queue of others using the SMC.
Thanks. Sorry I added an afterthought to my last post: Another thought, the 5th floor clinic I thought used to be 'Premium Clinic' during the day Mon-Fri and 'SMC' after 4 pm. Is that right?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, it is now the SMC, and provides a lesser service than the Premium Clinic.

Points 48; Position 20
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:10 pm No, it is now the SMC, and provides a lesser service than the Premium Clinic.
Thanks again. So the Premium Clinic now no longer exists? :duck:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

@Big Boy ... So, just to clear up any confusion, is the after hours clinic on the ground floor of the main building?

Both clinics appear to be after hours.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I never saw it announced, and I think it just became the SMC. I didn't really notice the transition, but was disappointed a couple of times I turned up at the clinic and was told no doctors. I'm not 100% certain regarding my answer because I merged with Mrs BB's appointments, and she was SMC, while I was still Premium.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I had cause to use the After Hours Clinic this evening. I left home (Soi 94) at 17:20 and drove through rush hour traffic. Checked in, saw the doc, paid the bill (245฿), collected my (2) meds and drove home through rush hour traffic again.(I honestly believe this is as close to a UK GPs surgery as you will find in Thailand).

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhinner wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:24 pm @Big Boy ... So, just to clear up any confusion, is the after hours clinic on the ground floor of the main building?

Both clinics appear to be after hours.
Sorry, I've just seen this post. Yes, the clinic is on the ground floor of the main building, and is part of the upgraded A&E facility.

Points 48; Position 20
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ OK, thanks.