Internet providers in Thap Tai

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
AdrianK
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AdrianK »

Hope somebody can help here.

Having almost completed a new build in Thap Tai [Hua Na 21, Banyan Hill, close to The Views] and after trying to get an internet connection, I find that both True and AIS claim to have no customers at all in that area, and therefore cannot supply internet services. I really do find that hard to believe, as there are several developments up that hill, Felice, Black lotus, Hillside Hamlets 8 and 9, soon 10, The Views, Emerald Scenery etc.etc.
Does anybody who lives in that area have an internet connection, and if so, who provides the service?

Aa always, and help is much appreciated.

Many thanks
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Internet connection

Post by Dannie Boy »

AdrianK wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:41 pm Hope somebody can help here.

Having almost completed a new build in Thap Tai [Hua Na 21, Banyan Hill, close to The Views] and after trying to get an internet connection, I find that both True and AIS claim to have no customers at all in that area, and therefore cannot supply internet services. I really do find that hard to believe, as there are several developments up that hill, Felice, Black lotus, Hillside Hamlets 8 and 9, soon 10, The Views, Emerald Scenery etc.etc.
Does anybody who lives in that area have an internet connection, and if so, who provides the service?

Aa always, and help is much appreciated.

Many thanks
I can’t advise specifically for that area, but in most areas, 3BB or TOT are usually able to provide a reliable internet connection.
AdrianK
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AdrianK »

Thanks for that, haven't tried them yet as we have history with True/Ais
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

3BB is no more and now 100% owned and operated by AIS. I don't know if AIS has retained the 3BB name and offices?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/investment/2682691
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It would be wise to retain the name imo as 3BB has a somewhat better reputation than AIS.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Really? With who? I had to dump 3BB because my connection was down, and they couldn't get a repair man to me for 6 weeks.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Internet providers in Thap Tai

Post by HHTel »

That does surprise me, BB.
I've been with 3BB from the outset. Downtimes have been very few and is always sorted quickly, usually in less than an hour.
Whenever an engineer is required they arrive the same day or the following morning if late. I've been on fibre for the last few years. The connection is very stable and the speeds I find quite incredible.
Browsing the net, the general consensus appears to rate 3BB above AIS.
Hopefully the merger/take-over doesn't affect my service. We'll see.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

“The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) has approved the acquisition of all shares of Triple T Broadband or 3BB (TTTBB) by Advanced Wireless Network (AWN) for it to become a subsidiary company of AIS.
With both AIS and 3BB having a similar customer base, it makes sense to merge the technologies.
If I read it right, from the existing customer's point of view, nothing changes.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It coincided with the start of the 2014 football world cup. My TV was via the Internet - it was critical my service was restored immediately for me. The girl on the phone insisted they were too busy, and it would be 6 weeks before an engineer could look at it.

I immediately contacted True, and they came to install same day.

When I contacted 3BB to cancel my subscription, with reasons, they immediately found a string of engineers who seemed to be camped outside my house for several days wanting to fix it. Sorry 3BB, you told me 6 weeks, which I believed. Too late.

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I paid my 3BB bill yesterday, based on the usual reminder from 3BB and to 3BB. I hope they have the sense to keep the entities seperate.

I was interested in the OP's post, as I live the other side of 112 from him, and when I bought the house in 2016, was told by both AIS and True, they do not provide coverage to where I live, but watch this space! It was my understanding they now did provide coverage here. But who knows? Back in 2016, 3BB already had cable installed here, so it was a no-brainer for me to use them, as it was Hobson's choice. The service has been good and I get alerted if there is a problem in the wider area that affects me - very rare for this to happen - which is good. I was considering changing due to cost, but then I kept hearing about issues with True and AIS, so have resisted the move, thus far.
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’ve been with TOT (I think they’ve actually changed their name) for a good number of years. Although I’ve had a few issues with speed off and on, whenever I’ve needed a fault investigated, it’s nearly always been done the same day - either remotely or by an engineer visit and since recently moving, the speed I’m getting at our new house is better than it was at our old house, so I’m very happy.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Dannie Boy wrote:I’ve been with TOT (I think they’ve actually changed their name) for a good number of years. Although I’ve had a few issues with speed off and on, whenever I’ve needed a fault investigated, it’s nearly always been done the same day - either remotely or by an engineer visit and since recently moving, the speed I’m getting at our new house is better than it was at our old house, so I’m very happy.
TOT + CAT = NT

National Telecom.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Regarding 3BB, don't get me wrong, I was very happy with the service until the fault. If I hadn't been told 6 weeks, just as the World Cup was starting, I'd probably be with them still.

Points 48; Position 20
AdrianK
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AdrianK »

Thanks for all your replies, it transpires that only a 3BB connection is available in that area. After contacting them today, they were quick to respond with a visit, and promised a connection tomorrow. A little later the story changed and it will now take 2 weeks to install new cabling as the older cable is not up to it, so they say. We will wait and see, and will keep you all updated on what happens.
Thanks again for all your replies, much appreciated.
AdrianK
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AdrianK »

Update on 3BB... Connected to the internet 2 days ago, new cable installed [but they would not pull through the cable into the conduit to the house which had been provided] only connect the other end? TIT! However, all went well and 2 routers included in the price and 1000 KPS promised. Wait and see. Overall, very happy with the service.