Non Digital SLR - Film Developing (B&W)

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Heebio
Professional
Professional

Non Digital SLR - Film Developing (B&W)

Post by Heebio »

I'm thinking of buying a non digital SLR and was wondering if there are any decent labs in HH that will develop black and white film, and if so, what's the quality like?

I've already worked out where I can get this done in BKK and I'm guessing there ain't gonna be much down here, but thought I'd ask first.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Heeb

ps. posted this again on a new thread due to the lack of response to the previous post.
Never trust a hippy....
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Heeb,

I have two suggestions. There is a Kodak (arn't they all) located in the road that runs up from Petchakasem to Bobs bakery and on to the railway past eh Cat Woman Guste house. It is on the right about 50 to 100 metres from Petchakasem on the right. They do most of the processing for the other Kodak shops around. The other is the Kodak shop in Petchkasem just on the Cha Am side of the Chom Sin lights about 100 metres past ther lights on the left hand side nearly opposite Tesco Lotus gas station.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Heebio
Professional
Professional

Post by Heebio »

Thanks for your help Guess, I'll try both of those places.

They reckon a lot of the big companies are going to stop producing camera film over the next couple of years but I just can't afford a decent digital SLR at the moment. Can get a non digital for 5000 baht or so - I reckon it's worth the small investment if I can get decent developing.

Thanks again.

Heeb
Never trust a hippy....
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Heeb,

Definitely worht you while checking out a Malaysian or Singaporean site. I'm not sure about cameras exactly but I found tha computer componnebts wer about half the price or less than here in Thailand. Many people has told me it is the same with cameras. I am up speed on definitions available but I would thinks with what you want to do the Lens must be and important factor as well.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]