Greeting from a new member

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
casmeri
Novice
Novice

Greeting from a new member

Post by casmeri »

Hello to all...

I have not heard much about Hua Hin; which I perceive as a good thing. All that I have heard is good and I look forward to gaining some knowledge from this forum. I will come and explore in November and December.

Regards,
Casmeri
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know."
Epicurus
SuperTonic
Suspended
Suspended

Post by SuperTonic »

Trust me you'll love the place. It's hot, the beaches are gorgeous (just watch the rocks and the odd jellyfish), the Thai people are the best (you really couldn't meet more generous or helpful people, dug me and my girl out of a couple of scrapes when we went there), and the food is perfect, cheap and you'll always find something to suit your tastes (might I recommend the Penang curry in Crawfords and the pasta in The Pasta Factory).

I loved it so much I'm moving out there in May so be prepared to end up doing much the same :)
SuperTonic
Suspended
Suspended

Post by SuperTonic »

Oh and one more thing.. even when it rains it's gorgeous :) Warm rain.. it was a slightly weird concept but was remarkably pleasant!
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Warm rain, black rain, hot rain....... wish it could stop rain now.
Enough!!!
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Welcome to This Forum Casmeri!!!

I'm sure you would love the laid back Atmosphere that Hua Hin offers. I personally love the atmosphrere @ the Hua Hin Night Market and the Bar area around Hua Hin Hilton is also nice in deed. just come and visit I will be in Hua Hin in Decmber whn I take a rest for a month or more!!!

Your's The Understudy!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
SuperTonic
Suspended
Suspended

Post by SuperTonic »

Agreed, night market's cool, though the bars aren't really my scene to be honest.
casmeri
Novice
Novice

Thanks for the welcome!

Post by casmeri »

I appreciate the information! I am looking for a place to settle and I am getting very good feelings about Hua Hin.

Thanks...
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know."
Epicurus
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Norseman wrote:Warm rain, black rain, hot rain....... wish it could stop rain now.
Enough!!!
Aah, the true test of whether you're a visitor or live here - whether you can wax lyrical about the rain during rainy season. Or whether, like Norseman & myself (& others, I'm sure..), by October you're sick of the bloomin' stuff! :wink: :roll: :mrgreen:

And please don't start with the "go back to your own country" stuff. I love Thailand, I love living here for many different reasons. My comment is just a joke, laced with nid noi truth... :cheers:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!