Real life experiences with immigration in Hua Hin

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Sciamachy

Real life experiences with immigration in Hua Hin

Post by Sciamachy »

On one occaision when I went to extend my visa at the local immigration office in HH, the very smiley sly woman who had previously been posted in Phuket was very clever about forgetting to give me my change, and when I asked twice, she still short changed me 20 baht. :twisted:

Two months ago, I went again, and the smooth guy who helped me slipped out of the office after he took my application. Why? Not sure but he subsequently forgot to take my money. :roll: Sure he did. Believe it or not I also forgot to pay because I was paying attention to his fishy manner. :shock: Anyway, he subsequently remembered :idea: and came out to the parking lot to get it.... I don't think that money ended up in the public coffers of the immigration office.

Any similar experiences out there? :twisted: :twisted:
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Where is the Local Immigration Office in Hua Hin?
Sciamachy

Post by Sciamachy »

next to the police station.
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

I have had nothing but good service from the people at the immigration office. I have found them to be polite, efficient and informative.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Jockey wrote:I have had nothing but good service from the people at the immigration office. I have found them to be polite, efficient and informative.
I very, very emphatically second that. I have repeatedly dealt with the HH Immigration office
and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Good people, good efficient and honest service.
Sciamachy

Post by Sciamachy »

an honest immigration official -- now that is an oxymoron :lach:
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I agree. The times I've had to deal with them they have always been polite and friendly and have always come across as really wanting to help.

Saying that, so are the people down in Ranong and in my opinion so are the staff at immigration in BK. The only shady event I have wiynessed in BK was when I was on an overstay and had to pay 4500 baht which I did but when I checked mt receipt it was for 4000 baht.

I'll be dealing with HH immigration again shortly so I really hope things are still the same.

:|
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

She shortchanged you the cost of a bowl of rice!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
Outfuckingrageous!!!!!!!!!!!! :guns:
How do you stand for it?
Enough reason to never again grace Thailand with your presence. :cuss:

Well, at least it was a real experience and not a speculative one so I suppose that's a plus.
Sciamachy

Post by Sciamachy »

I agree, why lower yourself to short change people for 20 baht, especially after they catch you trying to short change them for 120. Says something about the character of the person, I surmise.

Of course, she can have that bowl of rice. Although she was looking a bit plump, which makes me think it was not hunger driving her to steal.

Why is it always "Love It or Leave It" with so many expats in Thailand?

Isn't the purpose of this forum to share information?
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

Sciamachy wrote: Isn't the purpose of this forum to share information?
Yes - thanks for for warning us about the "Smiley Overweight Sly Woman" and the "Smooth Guy with the fishy manner". The fact you left without paying was obviously an oversight on your behalf, but the "Smooth Guy with the fishy manner" must have pocketed your money and the "Smiley Overweight Sly Woman" is a thief! :roll:
Sciamachy

Post by Sciamachy »

Yes well perhaps I am just a sly cynical Farang.

Or perhaps someone with similar experiences will read this forum and have something to add.

Immigration authorities are a pretty corrupt lot in most countries.

However, I am sure here in Thailand they are generally very nice to the white faced foreigners, and Japanese and Singaporians for that matter.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I've never had a problem with them, however I have only done the 90 day report which I dont even have to attend myself anymore.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

They have always been fine with me, 90 day reporting, extensions etc all carried out without a problem.
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

I have had excellent service from the HH immigration on every occasion that i have been there
BKK soi suan plu not so good only because they dont smile as much, mind you i understand it having sat waiting to be attended to one time for an hour whilst a falang (italian)ranted on about the rules and his interpretation was correct and the official was wrong and Thailand and its people were going to hell in a bucket without his 4 million baht he even used my most hated falang statement quote you thais need us we dont need you
I wonder how many times a week that sort of crap goes on quite a bit i think
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

Buksi i dont have to go in person anymore but i DO GO in person so they get to know my fizzog and now when i walk in they know me and i sawadeecap and wai seems to bring a sort of (i know you you are no problem)and maybe just maybe that might help somewhere of in the future

One last point asking them "could you help me please" seems to bring out the best in them
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand