90 Day late

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Yes, other than an acident or severe medical problem there is no reason for those claiming to be adults to overstay.
Drunk and stupid are not generally considered valid reasons. :oops:
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

johnnyk wrote:Yes, other than an accident or severe medical problem there is no reason for those claiming to be adults to overstay.
Drunk and stupid are not generally considered valid reasons. :oops:
An accident won't save you either, unless you get the hospital to sort it all out first.
Nearly 3 years ago, I was hospitalised for 11 days. My visa expired after day 3 in there. I thought I knew what I was doing. Ie:
1. Letter from doctor, showing I couldn't travel for xxx number of days after being discharged.
2. This letter will do no good in Ranong to get off the overstay.
3. Went to Soi Suan Plu on the exact day. Still on crutches.
4. Was seen by the imm doctor there who gave me another month before she considered I was fit to travel.
5. 1,900 Baht for a 14 day extension.
6. 5,000 Baht overstay fine (25 days @200 in those days)
7. Come back and we'll treat you as a special case and not fine you again.
8. I went to Ranong when I could walk properly and paid a 5 day overstay. Seemed better than a potential 1,900 extension and possible fine at Soi Suaan Plu.

So, unless you do it properly in hospital (I believe they can sort your visa out for you, certainly in BKK, but I'm not sure about here in HH), you are definitely not let off for a hospital stay. Believe me.
Chas
Banned
Banned

Thanks??

Post by Chas »

Thanks for the lessons on life guys. .from someone who is neither drunk nor stupid.

I started this thread after making an honest error in the date I wrote into my calendar.

I am a very very careful person, but try as I might, I am not perfect. How many of YOU live perfect error-free lives I wonder.

And I dont know how the impression that I wanted to change anything got in here. I dont. I am really glad there is a seven day grace period. All I wanted was a bit of confirmation from others who had been there.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Was the word 'change' or 'chance'? Come on now Chas, you had a dozen helpful posts that even expanded upon the issue which you confirmed were "helpful and good enough for you..."

Out of these dozen, one is a bit blunt and you tell us all to go stuff it, more or less?!

Perhaps for the next question go and buy a guide book. :roll: Pete

PS; I edit. The poster who was 'blunt' used an emotioncon meaning "embarrassed" you can see what these things mean by putting your pointer on it, and it will give you the meaning. To me that means the poster is referring to himself for perhaps missing a due date by being drunk and stupid, not you.