Public holidays and events 2007

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Public holidays and events 2007

Post by Lev »

A suggestion in another thread prompted the creation of a new page on the site:
Hua Hin public holidays and local events

If we have missed any events out or got any dates wrong please let us know, there were many conflicting sources out there.
ozuncle
Guru
Guru

Public Holidays and events 2007

Post by ozuncle »

Hello Lev,
I was wondering why I couldnt get in touch with someone in BKK today and now find out it is a Public Holiday. (substitute for NY Eve)
So that your Calendar is accurate, the following are also Bank Holidays in 2007.
April 16 (Songkran Substitute Day)
May 7 (Coronation Day Substitute)
August 13 (H.M.The Queens Birthday Substitute Day)
You only live once.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Now how many of those Bank Holidays are there? I've lost count.
However, if correct, I'd reckon that half the country is on holiday for the other half of the year.
Can't be a bad country to live in :idea:
Important to know though. I just hate those lunar months.
duan

Post by duan »

Can anyone tell me which dates in early January 2008 will be holidays in Thailand? Having experienced very heavy traffic from Hua Hin to Bangkok on both 1st and 2nd January 2007 I am anxious to avoid the same next year but unfortunately it looks like I will have to go to Bangkok on 2nd January 2008. I am hoping that the Thai long holiday will be 29th 30th 31st Dec and 1st Jan but would be very grateful if someone could confirm.