Kids' Christmas Party - 30th December 2006

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Yes, a big thank you for the organizers. The kids seemed to have lots of fun and having the puppy corner was a great thing.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

First of all I would like to say that we all have to give JD all the credit he really deserves to make this event come true.
He has been working round the clock for a long time now, and can not take a break before January next year.
He is really a great, great man.
Without him there would be no kids party at all!!!

Not more than 21 or 22 children showed up, but I think that most of them had a great time.
A big hug must also be given to Dawn for her great idea of bringing some of the puppets to the "show".
You guys out there should see the enthusiasm the children showed, in their struggle to keep the dog safely in their arms! Just wonderful to watch!!

What's a Xmas without a Santa?
Again JD showed his potential, dressed up like the Father himself.
Mind you, it was about 33 degrees hot this beautiful day, but inside that suit it must have been at least 45 really hot degrees.
Thank you Big Boy and Jaime for helping us out with the suit.
It's good to see that Englishmen and Welshmen can work so close together.
Good people both of you.

Another big thank you goes to all members of HHAD who showed up and supported this first Xmas party for our own kids!!

I hope a lot more of you can join us next year, as we now have gained a bit of experience.

A happy new year to all of you from Norseman.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

All cleared up, and back to work by 6.00pm. Just finished work now.

Got to give a huge thanks to Dawn who arranged most of the entertainment today, along with dressing the place out with the help of a jet lagged and tired Jaime. Dawn had to put up with my last minute ‘We have to meet up today to discuss ...â€
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes indeed, what Noreseman says above is 100% correct. As an outsider so to speak, I have some observations as well.

There should have been more local members there on a lazy Saturday afternoon. Kids or no kids, bring some from your neighborhood, and their Thai parents as well if they want to attend.

It was a 'kids deal' only. No beer, and people retreated to the far perimeter even to have a smoke.

There were three trays of food left over per my count. Not an adult buffet, but food for kids and nutritious food at that, with some cakes and puddings included.

JD and his wife went to the trouble to buy and wrap six extra gifts in case any parent/family arrived and had forgotten a gift. This was to assure no child would leave disappointed.

This was the first one and hopefully you guys will have one each year in the future. The smiles on the kid's faces this year was a testament to the value of the event.

Next years venue, maybe the beach, the same place past the big rock south where HHAD had the Saturday picnic a few weeks back. Santa & Sea, same as Surf & Turf...could be fun.

You local members and visitors should really support this idea in the future. It's Christmas! Pete :D :cheers:
Last edited by PeteC on Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Yes, a great big hand for JD & Dawn especially. Our kids had a great time and seeing the joy on some of the kids faces during Dawn's party games was a real treat as they anticipated what was within the parcels that had been so carefully wrapped. Splendid food by JD (the sausage rolls have put my health kick back by a month!) was enjoyed by all - both Thai and farang (and those in between!) - and as the others have posted, the pups were a real hit. As others have also posted, JD was an absolute martyr in the santa suit but he soldiered on right through the heat of the day, despite having arrived straight from his ovens. What a man!

This has the potential to be a really great annual event for the town, so please, everyone, if you have kids and are lucky enough to have such an event organised so selflessly by such fine and hardworking people as JD, Dawn & Norseman next year then please give it all the support you can, even if, as Pete suggested, that just means taking the kids along on a lazy saturday afternoon.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year one and all!!

:cheers:
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Not much more to be said - it was a great event, put on by great people.

My youngest spent most of the time with one of the pups (Kraka) and it was all that I could do to keep him from taking the pup home.

(W'eve got 4 dogs already and one more would not fit right now)

Next year should be supported by more folk - I hope so.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Jaime has managed to send me a couple of photos from the party of my granddaughters. I thought I'd post them to the board ahead of the main set of photos:
They are really great - just can't wait for the rest.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20