Christmas Mass at St. Theresa

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
philo
Novice
Novice

Christmas Mass at St. Theresa

Post by philo »

Okay, I am not Catholic with a big C. But for those interested in participating in a Christmas service in our fair city of Hua Hin, the good folks at St. Theresa Catholic Church will be holding a midnight mass tonight (December 24th) at...you guessed it...12:00 midnight. The service will be in English and will include lessons and carols.

The schedule for tomorrow (Christmas Day) includes a service in Thai at 09:00 AM and a service in English at 10:30 AM. Regular Sunday services in English are held at 10:30 AM as well.

For those unfamiliar with Hua Hin, St. Theresa Catholic Church is located on Phetch Kasem Road about halfway between the Hua Hin Grand Hotel and the Market Village mall. See the bottom of the City Map on this most excellent web site.

Today I went to the Monkey Temple (Khao Takiab) with my Thai lady friend and tonight she will be joining me at midnight mass. In our various ways, I like to think that my friend and I bend our knees to the same One as we pray for peace on earth and good will toward all sentient beings.

Or if you want to celebrate the holiday season in a local bar, it is nice to know that our local drinking establishments will be open as usual on this farang holiday. It is nice to have choices, isn't it?

Happy Holidays! :cheers:
Last edited by philo on Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Conquer the angry man by love; conquer the ill-natured man by goodness;
conquer the miser with generosity; conquer the liar with truth. "
- Lord Buddha, The Dhammapada
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Good but confusing post. Don't be ashamed about what you feel or what you are. I hope you and your lady find peace and contentment at Mass this Christmas Eve. No one here is ever going to put you down for your personal beliefs. Merry Christmas! Pete :cheers:
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

As a previous poster today said ' May your god go with you' David Tynan O’Mahony (Dave Allen). Happy Christmas everyone and let the craic be good forever with joy and peace on this planet of ours.
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

Thank you for posting on HHAD there may be many who may wish to join you .
All the team from HHAD wish you all the best for the season and the new year to follow what ever your religion may be
Peace out !

we are here for every body !
exept the dolls heads
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

Philo,

If I wasn't rushing round like a blue assed fly right now, I would help you with the reply you so rightly deserve.

Don't think of anything as your fault, this world will give you all manner of tests in your life, it's up to you wether you learn from the problem, be stubborn, (within what you think you know) or be prepaired to learn and make a difference in your life.

When you go to midnight mass tonight stand and be thankfull for the luck you don't realise you have. Be gracious to the thoughts and feelings of others and promise to try and listen to your neighbours, but most of all, give thanks for the path you are on, it's a long one. You will come to understand that by realising your wrongs, you CAN make a difference. Don't be down hearted by this, treat it as a celebration in your beliefs (or as I would say "Soul"). May god bless you and look after you and yours, be careful what you ask for, Wisdom can make for a very hard life, and make an ass of you the student many times.

God Bless, and just celebrate this time, that's all you need to do. Have Fun.

MERRY CHRIST MAS.

May your God Go With You!
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

I forgot to add Philo, that if I wasn't so busy right now, I would be standing right next to you at midnight mass, nothing has ever moved me so much than standing in a church full to the brim, (although I'm not aware and am so alone within myself) on such a special event as Christ mas. I've always thought of such events as a personal meeting between me, my maker and my soul (my inner self). Work loads can not allow this this year, but I've learnt in Thailand that you need to be much more stronger mentally to live up to your beliefs.

Keep the faith Bro, Good luck.

Dave.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
www.hamandbacon.co.th
philo
Novice
Novice

Post by philo »

I heard some fireworks outside my guest house just now and was reminded of last Christmas, which I spent in the Philippines. The tradition there is to set off fireworks for both Christmas and New Years.

I am not just talking about firecrackers which are casually tossed at the feet of passersby, although that can be annoying. I am talking about huge, industrial-sized fireworks launched by completely untrained amateurs. Not something I will miss this year...

It was interesting to see the parking attendants at Hua Hin Market Village dressed in their Santa Claus suits today, out on the street directing traffic. And another interesting sight: at the airport in Singapore a couple of weeks ago, I bought a cup of coffee from a Muslim sister wearing a red Santa Claus cap on top of her hijab headscarf. All of the waitresses were wearing them, hijab or not. Interesting example of cultural fusion!
"Conquer the angry man by love; conquer the ill-natured man by goodness;
conquer the miser with generosity; conquer the liar with truth. "
- Lord Buddha, The Dhammapada
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

Santa Claus Suits!

We are desperatley looking for a Santa Outfit for The Kid's Christmas Party on the 30th December. If anyone has one or knows where one can be got please say so. If you are coming from the UK and are in Hua Hin on the 29th please let me know if you could 'Import' a Santa suit for me.

All costs refunded of course.

Many thanks.

Dave
Per Angusta In Augusta.
www.hamandbacon.co.th
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

I will try but everything is shut now - not sure when I can get one before I leave on the 27th. I am guessing 'santa sized'!
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

[quote="Jaime"]I will try but everything is shut now - not sure when I can get one before I leave on the 27th. I am guessing 'santa sized'![/quote

Of Course, My athletic (sic) physic would need plenty of pillows to pad out a Santa, Dr Dave on the other hand!!!!!!
Per Angusta In Augusta.
www.hamandbacon.co.th
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

JD,

You have probably got time to get a couple sewn up. They are not exactly complicated. If you can get a picture and some rough sizes one of the tailors at the back of me will do it in time. Don't bother with the Indian rip off tailor shops but the Thai ones in the side streets. The hats are being sold everywhere for about 70 Baht.

There is a good one about 50 meters north of the Dubliner bar on Poolsuk on the same side. They will be open tomorrow and all week.

I thinks yours will need a bit more material than Dave's.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Jaime,

There were loads of Santa Suits on sale here in Yate when I walked around yesterday in Woolworths and QS (BeWise) - if you can't get one there let me know and I'll see what I can do here and maybe meet up with you at Leigh Delamere services on 27 Dec (if you don't leave too early).

Don't know when the shops re-open, but I'm sure they'll be open again by 27th.

The suits were very cheap (2 pounds ish), so I don't know the quality, but they'd probably do if JD can't get anything better.

Let me know if you want me to try - I'll PM my personal details.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Thanks to the efforts of Big Boy & Jaime, Santa now has a suit to wear on Saturday. Thank you for trying so hard, guys! :thumb:

Sorry that we hijacked your thread, Philo :offtopic:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!