Weddings

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
nico
Novice
Novice

Weddings

Post by nico »

Do you know if there is a need for an English speaking Minister.to officiate wedding ceremonies or Blessings in Hua Hin ? I Have never seen a post on this site asking for info.With Valentines Day having past , most if not all the weddings at Hotels and resorts were conducted in Thai. (so I am told ).
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

I understand that most hotels are able to provide either a traditional Thai wedding or a Christian wedding whichever you prefer. Clearly they are in the service industry so if there is a demand they will meet it.

I am getting married at the Hilton next month, and they are supplying a priest to conduct a Christian wedding ceremony, which I presume will be in english.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

I guess for a 'small' fee they'll do all the complicated legal stuff for you. I (British) married my British husband here in Thailand. We had a lovely Buddhist ceremony with all our Thai and farang friends. Problem. It wasn't recognised by the British legal system. So we trotted down to the British Embassy to find out what we had to do to register it legally. It was so damned complicated, involving a boat load of money to the Embassy to rubber stamp stuff, and translations galore, that we gave up.
The English system is just as complicated (have to be domiciled for at least 21 days) - our short holiday didn't stretch that far, so we popped up to Scotland and got married in Blairgowie. Thank you Scotland.
Getting married to a Thai may involve equally (if not more) complications if you want to register it in the UK.
I'll leave that one to the experts... :)
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Umm. Isn't this in the wrong section Moderator?
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Vital Spark wrote:Umm. Isn't this in the wrong section Moderator?
Yes, but as Lev is the only moderator on this section, only he can move it.
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

There is an Anglican church in Hua Hin, but I don't know if they can conduct a wedding service in English.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Didn't I read on here that Dr. Dave also conducts wedding ceremonies? :wink: Pete
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I believe Dr Dave is only qualified to conduct 'wedding marches'
www.35mmview.com
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

I believe you are both making this up to make me look good , you pair of scoundrels,
I can however marry folk but it has to be done doon "T" coal mine on a tuesday morning between 430 am and 440 am
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

dr dave soul monsta wrote: I can however marry folk but it has to be done doon "T" coal mine on a tuesday morning between 430 am and 440 am
Dr D,
Be honest, only time you've ever seen that time of morning is when you were still up from the night before... :twisted: :cheers:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
nico
Novice
Novice

Post by nico »

Thanks for the replies folks. I am available for Christian wedding services, Tailor made . If you need me or have any questiond please pm me.