Food heathen

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Food heathen

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I just sat down for some food with my partner and found myself wolfing it down just to get back to my computer. It occurred to me that I don't really enjoy eating at all! Its just an inconvenience and something I have to do to stop myself from passing out or eventually loosing the use of my legs.....
There of course some Thai dishes I prefer over others, but I wont go into a particular restaurant. I just choose one that looks empty so I know I will get my food quickly, often requesting the bill whilst still eating.
If I'm hungry and have the choice of waiting 30 Min's for some 'Gordon blue' style dish that has been lovingly crafted by a top chef, from the finest ingredients known to person kind or gnawing on some mouldy old dough (remember that song?) I will choose the dough.
Just give it to me, let me gorge for 5 Min's and get on with something useful..... :mrgreen:
After all we all know the real food of life is alcohol.....lol
www.35mmview.com
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I agree. Food just gets in the way of the serious business - drinking.
I wonder why my wife tries to force feed me these days. I hate breakfast at 9am as I'm tring to get through my 4th bottle of Chang :cheers:
buksida

Post by buksida »

lomuamart wrote:I hate breakfast at 9am as I'm tring to get through my 4th bottle of Chang :cheers:
The shocking thing is .... I know he's not kidding :shock:

Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Ah Loumart, having met you the other night....hic! I know food doesnt figure big stylie in your life! The same as mine. perhaps there there should be a non gastro section for boozers........
www.35mmview.com
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Anyone for the best Euro breakfast ever eaten of trips to Ostend or Antwerp. Large plate of eggs and bacon and a nice big pint of Stella. What better way is there to start the day.
:cheers: more stella :cheers: even more stella :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

I love both,

A good Chicken Bhuna, Naan Bread and 5 pints of Stella to wash it down!

when you back out Chelsea?
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Jw, try and get back later in the year. Not sure wheter same time as last, or later. Depends on work.
Still available for guest appearance in your team if u need a hand
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

A pint of 'wife beater' for breakfast!!! Jesus how can you guys work?
www.35mmview.com
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Well done Randy, I can see you are well versed in the are of Stella drinking (knowing secret names and all that).

Now if you were in a desparate situation, you could always substitute the Stella for large cans of gods nectar (Carlsberg Special Brew)

That would make for an interesting start to the day
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

You're all amateurs. A pint of snakebite (but it's got to be half Diamond White and half Carlsberg Special Brew) always gets rid of the cobwebs at 8am.
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

lomuamart you have really rasied the bar now. That is defintley brain damage material.
Not sure if there is another that can beat that, would be hard pressed.

On the Special Brew in Aus they have health warnings to let you know that 1 x 500ml can contains the equivivlant of 3.6 standard strength & size drinks per can.

I very stupidly decided to demolish 4 cans after a long lunch and a few beers at the pub after lunch.

It took me about 3 days to recover from the constant pounding in my head from (A) the Specail Brew and (B) the grief that my GF gave me (her constant shouting at me did not help with the pounding in my head either).

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I used to frequent a bar in Jakarta that offered a buffet breakfast with unlimited Bloody Marys from 07:00 in the morning; if you were still out, that used to finish you off nicely!
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

chelsea,
I seem to recall (very vaguely) a night out in Adelaide which started with me consuming 4 pints of Coopers/Diamond White snakebites; the rest as they say, is mystery. I woke up on a park bench at about 6am. I don't know how Coopers compares strength wise with Special Brew (or if it is available in Perth) but it certainly did the trick that night!
By the way, is the Brass Monkey still in business in Perth? Enjoyed a few Redbacks in there. back in 1991.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I remember I used to drink Guinness with Port chasers, and used to regularly loose the power to control all bodily functions.....
Another fave was a pint of Fullers ESB with a bottle of Barley wine to top it up.
www.35mmview.com
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Randy Cornhole wrote:I remember I used to drink Guinness with Port chasers, and used to regularly loose the power to control all bodily functions.....
Another fave was a pint of Fullers ESB with a bottle of Barley wine to top it up.
I was told as a young boy, but didn't believe it, that sweet drinks will split your head the next day, especially if you mix. Unfortunately, my teacher was spot on. If I drink something like Zambuca, Southern Comfort, Port, Schnops(sp) GOD FORDIB!!! Just float me out to sea and let the creatures feed on my remains. Pete :(