'Hotel' breakfast

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
pinsharp

'Hotel' breakfast

Post by pinsharp »

On my next visit to Hua Hin I will be renting a house for the first time. Can anyone recommend a good place to get a '5 star hotel breakfast' (ie fresh fruit, juices,pastries, toast, tea/coffee and a full English, all served in a nice environment ) at a Thai price ?
ozuncle
Guru
Guru

Post by ozuncle »

pinsharp,
You want 5 * at Thai prices! I don't think so.
You only live once.
lomuamart

Re: 'Hotel' breakfast

Post by lomuamart »

pinsharp wrote:On my next visit to Hua Hin I will be renting a house for the first time. Can anyone recommend a good place to get a '5 star hotel breakfast' (ie fresh fruit, juices,pastries, toast, tea/coffee and a full English, all served in a nice environment ) at a Thai price ?
My only question would be "what do you regard a Thai price as being?". If you gave us some idea of that, then maybe we could suggest some places.
Governor
Professional
Professional

"Hotel" Breakfast

Post by Governor »

If you are renting a house could I respectfully suggest that you purchase the ingredients in Tesco Lotus or somewhere similar and enjoy your own environment?

No dressing up you can have your breakfast at your own pace whenever you like.
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Hallo there Pinsharp

a five star Hotel Breakfast @ Thai prices I couldn't find @ any hotels in Hua Hin area but you can try the german place right next to Cha Ba Chalet @ the corner of Sra Song and Amnuaysin Rd. You can find it on the HHAD Map on grid B6 You find Chaba Chalet and it's right next to it. It's called Ruammit Restaurant which offer a good German Breakfast @ an affordable price. beware though the prices are a bit above Thai prices but The Breakfast you get is Terrific.

Your's The understudy
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The understudy wrote: It's called Ruammit Restaurant which offer a good German Breakfast @ an affordable price. beware though the prices are a bit above Thai prices but The Breakfast you get is Terrific.

Your's The understudy
Describe a 'good' German breakfast, UST. I thought they were mainly cold slices of meat, some cheese, black bread and some salad? Pete :cheers:
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Hello Pete

[quote]Pete:I thought they were mainly cold slices of meat, some cheese, black bread and some salad? [/quote] Those are regular German Breakfast in order for it to be really good it must have Marmalade Assorted flavors best fresh made, diffrent oven baked German Bread Buns, like Sesame Bread, German Breakfast Bread buns or as Germans call'em "Schrippen" Chocolate Bread Spread "Nutella" Brand, Breakfast Cereals, Milk, O'Jiuce, freshly Brewed Coffee or Tee!

This elaborate German Breakfast them germans have every saturday and Sunday usually within the comfort of their Family! :cheers:

your's the understudy!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I’ve nothing at all against Germans, but I’ve accumulated several years of time living in German hotels and I would pay 5 star prices to avoid a German breakfast, especially that bizarre dark bread that resembles a construction material and liverwurst pate that wouldn’t get a Thai street dog out from under your car.
In fact the only enjoyable thing about a German hotel breakfast is watching people who mistake the raw eggs for boiled ones making a mess of the table cloth!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

LOL....you're getting killed here UST.

You have to come up with something that resembles, 3 fried eggs, a rasher of bacon, 2-3 bangers, 6 pieces of toast with butter already melted in, a piece of fried bread, heinz beans, mushrooms, fried tomatos, a good cup of tea with milk, and perhaps black pudding, although I pass on that.

For lunch, a cottage pie with bangers and mash and some peas mixed in.

For dinner, fish and chips, cod only.

See, some of us Yanks know how to survive in Britain! :D Pete :cheers:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Actually the hotel where I stay here in Luxembourg now provides a cooked breakfast after the manager gave in to us Brits here complaining about having to do a days work on a croissant and glass of orange juice.
The best cooked breakfasts I’ve had were when staying in small hotels in Ireland, unhealthy as hell, but good nevertheless.
I’m afraid I haven’t a clue where you can get one in Hua Hin, as I usually have chili seafood and rice for breakfast, definitely at Thai prices.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I'm re-thinking the above. I have no idea why 'cottage pie' came out of the deep recesses of my memory? I do remember eating bangers and mash and peas often for lunch, and shepherds pie a few times. Is there such a thing as cottage pie? Pete :cheers:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Pete, as I remember things cottage pie is exactly the same as shepherds pie, minced beef baked with mashed potato on top, maybe there is some technical difference but the effect is the same.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Ignore the last post, I just looked it up and shepherds pie is made with minced lamb, not beef, it should have been obvious really!
pinsharp

Post by pinsharp »

I think I need to redefine this ... where can I get a buffet breakfast including bacon egg etc for less than 500 thb ?
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

STEVE G wrote:and liverwurst pate that wouldn’t get a Thai street dog out from under your car.
Totally off topic, but you're wrong there, Steve. Thai street dogs love that stuff! :mrgreen: It's what I use to give meds to the really finicky dogs, as they adore the taste & it's so sticky & gooey, it's hard for them to pick the tablets out of it. :thumb: :idea:

Sorry, :offtopic:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!