California Mining Cantina

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
tigger

Post by tigger »

Suprised you were alone mate........ Hope you have been well watered and the experience hasnt traumatised you too much. Still very shocked though, even though February was a busy month for Hua Hin I cannot believe anyone waiting twenty mins for a beer anywhere. Sounds very personal, although I cant possibly think why?????????
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Tigger

Many many reasons in Thailand

Chef sick, Waitresses pissed off for not being paid, Boss away

One night is a good night next night it's a disaster

All very variable. I have many friends from all over the globe visiting. Where is a good place to eat, where is a good place to stay. Difficult to respond as one minute they are up the next minute they are down

Take it as it comes, go with the flow. Thais do not recognise repeat business philosophy

Cheers
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
tigger

Post by tigger »

Richard,

Point Taken. I am new to Thailand and I must say the culture difference is overwhelming at times. I bow down to your experience of this Beautiful Country. Its been good to chat. All the very best.
lambella
Amateur
Amateur

Good steaks

Post by lambella »

The All Seasons do a Chateaubriand for 650 baht. For two people! The steak is huge, cooked beautifully and carved (yeah) at the table. It is served with two sauces of your choice, two types of potato and vegetables. As an odd person out, when I order it, I get a doggy bag and have another two meals.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Tigger

Cheers A beer together sometime????

Lambella

4 seasons where??? BK or HH?????
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
tigger

Post by tigger »

Richard,

A very noble gesture, I would be rude not to take you up on it. Definately get together sometime. Thanks.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Not eaten there but walk past from my hotel to town at least twice a day and the girls look fantastic in their outfits. :oops: :naughty:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Talung! :naughty: :tsk:
I.O.U.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by I.O.U. »

richard wrote:No worry Tigger

Personal experience was sitting there alone and waiting 20 minutes for a beer

A one off, I admit, but leaves a sour taste in your mouth And a thirst !!!:cheers: :cheers:
RICHARD I tend to agree with tigger,first you quote you heard the food was dodgy,then you say you waited 20 minutes for a drink,maybe you do have something personal with them.
I went to elmurphys tonight with the wife she had ribs and I had fillet steak.The ribs fully fell off the bone and my steak at 400 bath,I have not had much better in 5 star hotels.Most resturants in Hua Hin are crap,untrained thai staff etc.My bill there tonight came to 950 bath including my john smiths which was delivered while I was making my food order,perfect.Will try the mexican food next time.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

IOU

Good for you

How do ribs fall off the bone???. Thought ribs were bone!!!!

Joking

As the saying goes 'ones mans meat is another mans poison'

Enjoy :) :)
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

I.O.U.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by I.O.U. »

If you knew anything about food you would realise that I ment the meat falls off the bone.I should have known better,from readind your previous posts that you would nit pick.Are you sure your surname is not head???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????joking also
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Sorry

Hit a nerve did I?

Learn to spell as well

Cheers and 'over and out'

:) :) :)
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

I.O.U.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by I.O.U. »

Richard.............Mr Dick... hope I got the spelling right............. I dont Have nerves. Obviously I upset you...... so Sorry. Keep up with the posts I enjoy a GOOD LAUGH........ha..... ha.... ha... ha... ha. Cheers mate.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

I.O.U. All your posts so far has been nothing than wailing and complaints.
Cool down and write something useful and friendly please.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

I.O.U

OVER AND OUT :guns: :guns: :guns:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY