And I thought this was going to be different.

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

richard wrote: Snip,,,,
BUT there we are. I'm the typical Yorkshire gentleman[/b] :D
This must be an oxymoron in the vein of "military intelligence", right?
richard wrote: We are little boys until the day we die and we enjoy it, Don't we? :cheers:

Little boys as in "breast fed", right?
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
anothermug?
Amateur
Amateur

Post by anothermug? »

Well people I am safely back in Bangkok after my trip to Hua Hin to have a look at my house, or should I say the house I purchased to enjoy my retirement in.

I got to Hua Hin just after lunch, booked into Jings, excellant value - thank you Pete, picked up my rental car - thanks Diamond, then drove to

(Address edited by Mod), madams car was outside the front gate. I drove round the back of the house and she was in the garden with her children. I did not hang around as the guard was making him self busy.

Now I know she has leased the land to someone else, and she tells me she has sold the house, all within 24 hours of me moving out, so what was she doing there?

Is the new person her new atm and he was out, was she just using the facilities whilst he was away, or has she borrowed money on the property? At this stage, I really do not know, but I will find out, and am determined to get justice.

Well back to Jings and off to dinner. I have read so much about Buffalo Bills fish and chips, so I thought I would try for myself. Now Bill must have heard I was coming, so he turned all the lights off, in fact he turned off all the lights in the block, and hid upstairs. Not to be put off, I went in and ordered what turned out to be some of the best fish and chips I have ever tasted in my life - thanks Bill.

Then went to Dicks Office and met up with Simon, he is actually nothing like his posts, he is really a nice guy. Sorry Simon, but thanks for your company, I really enjoyed the evening.

Tuesday morning back to (Deleted by Mod). No sign of madam this morning. A car was in the drive as were two motorbikes, but they were covered up, so I could make out if the car was mine or not.

Before travelling back to Bangkok I thought I would see what Bills refurbished gaff looked like in daylight, and to see if the food looked as good as it tasted. Went for the Big Breakfast, I thought I had died and gone to heaven, trouble is I probably will not eat again this week. Had a chat with Bills charming wife, thanks Lorraine I hope I did not bore you too much.

Then went up to see Dawn and the dogs, great to see you again Dawn and thanks for your continued friendship and support.

Back to the bus stop, stopping of at the Munich Wine shop to grab some of their latest bargains - no more plugs.

Well what am I going to do now?

This woman has set out to rob me of everything I have worked for, because she is too lazy to work. She wants everything on a plate, and I cannot let her get away with it.

I take on board all the advice, forget it and walk away; you had it coming and the like. However, as say I think I need to make a stand, she has broken the law and I think even Thai law is fair. Therefore, I am going to fight on, if only to prove to others that it can be done.

That said, if there is an inkling that it is getting to me I would pull the plug and get on with my life full time.

I may use an investigator to find out what the position is with her at the moment, as I do feel comfortable doing it on my own. Does anybody know a reliable local investigator?

This thread has been going on for some time, and has sometimes taken on a mind of its own. The "er indoors" "my wife" and the like are interesting but are in danger of moving away from the subject.

Can I respectfully request that we keep this thread going, there are many people in my position, and unfortunately probably many more in the wings.

Thanks again to everyone for their support, there are far too many to mention personally, but you know who you are.

Watch this space.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

anothermug, that was a lovely post. Hopefully an indicator that life goes on.
This is the way
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

" Therefore, I am going to fight on, if only to prove to others that it can be done. "

Anothermug ?

Your first post on this thread was many months ago . You clearly know and have the support of a number of locals . Now you are here , in town , living and breathing .

Take positive action NOW . Confront repeatedly and be fair but firm .

The longer you leave it the less chance you have of achieving any kind of resolution without things ending in tears . IMHO .

Good luck .

Crazy 88
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

mug?

Post by redzonerocker »

well you certainly have my support a/m :thumb:

i really do hope things work out for you & in a positive way. :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
anothermug?
Amateur
Amateur

Post by anothermug? »

[quote="crazy88"]" Therefore, I am going to fight on, if only to prove to others that it can be done. "

Anothermug ?

Your first post on this thread was many months ago . You clearly know and have the support of a number of locals . Now you are here , in town , living and breathing .

Take positive action NOW . Confront repeatedly and be fair but firm .

The longer you leave it the less chance you have of achieving any kind of resolution without things ending in tears . IMHO .

Good luck .

Crazy 88[/quote]

You are of course correct.

I actually engaged a lawyer in Bangkok a couple of months ago, this lawyer also has a branch in Hua Hin. My insructions were to try and negotiate a settlement but to advise her that if we can not agree a settlement I will go through the courts, criminal and civil.

They have called her but she does not pick up the phone and has now changed her numbers. They have written to her and she has signed for the letters but she has not responded, they are now going to serve her with a letter in person advising that if she does not respond within seven days we will commence proceedings and attempt to freeze her assets. I hope that the courts will take a dim view of her action and when it does go to court it may infuence their judgement.

She is clearly going to continue to ignore my lawyers and myself, but she will not be able to ignore the courts. I instructed a Bangkok lawyer last November and she agreed to meet, but on the day of the agreed meeting she hid somewhere in town and cancelled the meeting, that lawyer gave up because it was too difficult, I cannot let this happen again.

I want to engage an investigator, I have been given a couple of names, really to find out what her current position is. The trip to Hua Hin this week was really for my own information and was in parallel to the legal action I have started.

I don't want to confront her myself as I really do not trust her.

Thans for you comments.
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

AM, i can not understand why you are reluctant to face this woman in person and have it out with her . Is it that you are not able to defend your self or afraid this is only a woman ,not a 100k man we are talking about and you should be able to control any violent out burst, and talk to her face to face.
And when i say only a women i am referring to the fact that most here are under 55/60k and should be manageable in a violent outburst, you should try handling my wife i think you would run for the hills.
If you think she would harm her self and say you did it take someone as a witness to any proceedings.
anothermug?
Amateur
Amateur

Post by anothermug? »

[quote="nevets"]AM, i can not understand why you are reluctant to face this woman in person and have it out with her . Is it that you are not able to defend your self or afraid this is only a woman ,not a 100k man we are talking about and you should be able to control any violent out burst, and talk to her face to face.
And when i say only a women i am referring to the fact that most here are under 55/60k and should be manageable in a violent outburst, you should try handling my wife i think you would run for the hills.
If you think she would harm her self and say you did it take someone as a witness to any proceedings.[/quote]

I have tried to face her and reason with her before, but she loses her temper and just lies and lies, I simply do not trust her.

In my former occupation I have been trained to deal with very difficult people but this woman pushes me to the limits of my patience. Yes she is tiny, a police officer who helped me before when she was locking me out of the house said that he had never seen a woman with such a short fuse and such a violent temper. She has assaulted me before, in order to provoke me into hitting her back, I have never hit her but she reported me to the police anyway.

Taking a witness is a good idea, but I think that I will let the law take its course.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

AM, apologies for previously thinking you were 'having us on', clearly you're not
but she will not be able to ignore the courts
i'm afraid she will be able to, from what i've seen from a case my missus was involved in
she can not turn up for a hearing and they just set a date 3 months in the future, then she does it on the next one. then when she goes to the next one (6 months 'late') she is not penalised in any way, this can go on for years, then if you pin her down after 2 years she'll say the money's gone and she has no way to pay - sorry to be negative about it
i've seen lawyers pack the case in after 18 months of work and seperately Ford Motor Companies lawyers pack it in after a year or so hopefully it's not always like that this though

i think your best bet, and quickest, is the hua hin/prachuap 'conciliation committee', i've PM'd link to you
the judge holds a 'compromise meeting' before the matter goes to court, possibly saving years
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

And I thought this was going to be different

Post by margaretcarnes »

Have to agree with SuperJoe there - it would be good to think that Thai law is fair. Sadly its' nothing like the version of either 'law' or 'fair' that we are used to back home. I've even known the same lawyer to try to act for both sides in a dispute (I know that because one of the parties involved was me!)
Lets hope you've got a good one.
Confronting the ex is tempting but having also seen how volatile Thai women can be I can understand AMs reluctance. And lets not forget that now a lawyer IS involved it might be seen as interfering with the process of law.
Given the ladies reluctance to respond to the lawyer its now clear why AM sees a need to hire an Investigator. Finding a decent one is another matter, but very few farang would show such determination. So I'm doing a U turn and wishing AM every success. Maybe if more people did the same there might eventually be a change in attitude by some Thais at least.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Hi anothermug?

I have followed this thread with great interest but have not posted on it up to now.

I would like to encourage you to pursue your quest to gain justice.

I have been in Thailand for nearly eight years and have had two experiences involving Thai women which have led to legal action.

One of these involved property bought through a limited company over 7 years ago. The woman concerned, obviously thinking I was no longer around, applied to have the company liquidated and placed in her administration. The court finally threw out the case and negotiated a settlement which was ultimately very fair two me.

In the other situation, I was drugged and robbed in my own house by somebody I was living with and her younger brother, who I'd given a job to.
I went to the local police and on my insistence arrest warrants were eventually issued. With the help of an English private detective in Bangkok who was sympathetic to my plight, I managed through my own efforts and the assistance of the authorities to track the perpetrators down in the end.
It took a lot of time and effort and also cost me some money in expenses - I would add that the police and juducial authorities never once attempted to procure bribes from me.
The eventual outcome was that they were sentenced to 5 years and 2 1/2 years imprisonment respectively.

Although the procedure was painfully slow at times, I found the police extremely willing to help and established a very good working relationship with them.

It is possible to get justice here but, like anywhere, it helps if you know what the procedures are and how to get them implemented. Above all, you hav to be tenacious and persistent.

If you think I can be of any help, please let me know.
Hecheater
Novice
Novice

Post by Hecheater »

a hero who drinks everyday and climb out the window every night when wife in bed and come home smell of massage and bargirls.
a hero who cheats his uk wife(policewoman) many times with "callgirls" around world when he worked for his queen. he promise not cheat. a hero lied.
a hero who goes holiday all the time and not tell wife where he stay or he forget name hotel(hilton video) but he is holidays with student from issan that is so unhappy when she smokes him on her face but she smile and say i love you honey.
a hero who promised wife he will always take care her and kids and promised same to student mia-noi. "(i want to live together with you honey in udon forever and build a beautiful house with pool and get away from (wife name). i wish (wife name) would leave me alone."
a hero who trick his uk wife by hide his money offshore accounts and take all money from many credit cards so can keep it when divorce finish.
a hero who trick the other foreigners that he is a superman when he drunk everyday and not tell them how angry and dangerous he get when drink not work or he have too much.
a hero who say he die too if he marry dog lady and race car lady pay someone hit and run husband(he talk drunk, her husband was good guy never fuk around same the drunk hero do. he just want think it normal what he do)
a hero who choke his thai wife and say he kill her if she not do everything he say in his jail. (his job hold people jail and his house was jail)
a hero that say wife call police but neighbours call because they see hear him choke her)
a hero who talk internet with friiends him about ways killing thai wife and how to make her suicide or look like suicide.
a hero with small penis top missing.
a hero who not shower everyday and still want make love when he so smell because he drunk superman eat 2 vigra.
a hero who say he drop car go bus but he drive drunk to bangkok.
a hero who drive drunk new car on day number 2 break of front bang bumper.
a hero who in car his wife drooling looking 12 year old students in school clothes.(he say he don't know age but he know)
a hero who not feel shame walking with student in stundent clothes and leave his wife to go live with her.(he say because wife angry but it because he horney old man.)
a hero who say he leave wife also because wife is old woman(26) and old monkey his petname here. he think he better all people because drunk.
a hero i think will leave the udon thani student for a younger student future maybe. wife will not let him divorse now and marry student.
a hero who drinks drinks drinks drinks and thinks he is hero.
many more hero but i forget now.
a hero who jump out the car 30km hour because he hate the music.
a hero who always fall of motorbike drunk and push it in nighttime past security so wife will not hear him.
i boring hero now.
a hero who gives friends kids tease them in school because daddy hero call mother bad names and shame them on internet to 5000 people. a super f#cking hero. excuse me.
elem
Professional
Professional

Post by elem »

Well, I guess that's another perspective
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.[Benjamin Franklin]
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

^
excellent post Hecheater.
what a hero he sounds.. :D :D :D
but who are you talking about??
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

hero

Post by redzonerocker »

doesn't sound like much of a hero to me, more of a zero :(

although i have every sympathy for hecheater, i think maybe this should have been started on a new thread?
the situation of anothermug is a totally different scenario & one i'm sure many people have been following with interest.
i particulary liked barrys post, encouraging to see that although the system seems slow & hopeless, there is light at the end of the tunnel for those seeking some kind of justice :thumb:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.