Here is a new one

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Chas
Banned
Banned

Here is a new one

Post by Chas »

OK
Here is a situation I will bet nobody has dealt with regarding visas.

Say you already have a one year retirement visa.
You are happily puttering around in your garden, sleeping a lot, playing pool or golf or whatever for a few months but things are really kind of dull.

Then, all of a sudden, and you get a really terrific job offer here in Hua Hin. Good pay, work that you enjoy etc etc.

What to do? ( And being illegal about it is not an option.)

Can you go from a retirement visa to a non Imm B work visa/ work permit ?
Is it possible? Has anyone ever done it?
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Chas

Yes it can be done

It's easy provided your prospective employer knows what they are doing.

Get your new employer to provide a support letter and all the usual paperwork - they should know.

You go on a visa run to change from your current Type O to a Type B

Obviously you then have to get the work permit - again your employer should know what to do.

I've done it - any probs - pm me

Good luck & just make sure your job offer is genuine & from a legal entity :thumb:
Chas
Banned
Banned

Thanks Terry!

Post by Chas »

Thanks Terry. That was a hypothetical situation I outlined above ( I dont play either golf or pool) I just wanted to know if it can be done and how easy it might be.

It is great to know that you have done it!! Gives me a lot of encouragement and the peace of mind to know that choosing retirement is not irreversible here.

I am still on my current Non-Imm B/ work permit and in the huge muddle ( not of my making) of not knowing if I will have to move into the retirement visa or continue my current contract/ renew work permit/ Non imm B. I will know at the end of September but things are dicey until then.

I also fully understand the legit company, usual paperwork & letter of support, and work permit procedures.

Anyway, thanks again for the help here and for being open to further questions.
Appreciate it.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Terry wrote:
You go on a visa run to change from your current Type O to a Type B
I know this is hypothetical, but I also don't know how widely known it is that a visa run might not be necessary. I recently went back on to a work permit after 9 months or so of tourist visas, but to my surprise I didn't have to go down to Penang for a Non-Imm B. They did that for me at the Immigration Office in Bangkok in what seems now to be a standard way, and it was pretty straightforward. The cost was 1900 baht, I think. That was changing from a tourist visa, but I don't see why it wouldn't equally apply to any other type of visa. It 's certainly worth checking out if anyone finds themselves in a similar situation.
This is the way