anyplace showing rugby world cup?

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Really good world cup so far!

Disappointed with Italy again though. Romania could have snuck a win had their discipline not let them down.

Big games coming up this weekend. England vs S. Africa looks spicey! Have to say that The Springboks are looking really strong. Brian Habana just seems to get faster and stronger every time I see him play....!

Schalk Burger's ban also reduce to 2 matches on appeal, so he will be available for the last group game. Good decision I think.

Big game here in Cardiff this weekend is, of course, Wales vs Australia.

Probably fair to say that Wales will hope to win, whereas Australia will expect to win.

I have already started praying.......
:shock:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Randy Cornhole wrote:Anybody know what time the England v S Africa game is tomorrow and where it will be shown? preferably out of town. eg Dicks office?
Well Randy, unless you were supporting South Africa, I hope for your sake that you failed to find somewhere to watch the match - England were appalling.

By my reckoning, the only possibility of England scoring was a missed drop-goal attempt in the first half. :cry: :oops:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

rugby

Post by redzonerocker »

as bad as england were :oops: :oops: , the springboks were pretty awesome :thumb:
that is as bad as it gets for us, nil points & as bb rightly points out only one drop goal attempt to show for our nights work, pretty dismal. :(
play like that against samoa & we'll be booking an early flight home. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

The result of the england game demonstrates how blinkered we have become with the domestic game and ignoring the bigger picture. Also how far we have regressed as the game has developed since the last world cup. Or is that the same thing?
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Here we go again, another weekend of class rugby.

England have changed their strip this week in an attempt to change their luck. You've heard it here first. Below is a sneak preview of the new shirt:

Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Wales did really well against Japan. I think they said the second highest score Wales has ever achieved. Japan had some fast men though. Made for some exciting moments. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Pete,

Have a look at the big fellas playing against England tomorrrow!

Caller
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yeah, I watched Samoa against South Africa. Big men but not too skilled IMHO. They also seem to get away with a lot of "funny stuff?" on the premis that is the way they play in Samoa. :shock: I hope England can get past them. As I sit here at 0314 hours in the morning watching Pattaya flood and wash into the sea, I see that France 13 Ireland 3, live. I need to get off this computer and go watch. GO IRELAND!! Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

20-3 Pete, looks like the Irish are in the same merde as England! :shock:
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I can't watch it anyway. It's raining so hard here the UBC signal is gone, for the past hour. Welcome to October (early) again it appears, always seems to be the heaviest rain month this side every year. Pete :cheers:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

best game

Post by redzonerocker »

today's match, s africa 30-25 tonga, has to be the game of the tournament so far :thumb:
england 44-22 samoa was a lot closer than the score suggests.to get past the tongans next friday, we'll have to up at least another gear :|
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Well, the Tri-Nations squads continue to slay all foes.

Sad to see Scotland's strategy, but I guess has value with their upcoming match with Italy. Just tough to swallow for their fans me thinks.

New Zealand needs to be careful. Many an over confident team in all sports has been stepped on close to the end when their mentality gets out of alignment. Pete :cheers:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

kiwis

Post by redzonerocker »

prcscct wrote:

New Zealand needs to be careful. Many an over confident team in all sports has been stepped on close to the end when their mentality gets out of alignment.
they did in the last world cup pete. choked big time in the semis against the aussies 22-10 after steamrollering every other side they came up against.
i would think that maybe they have learned their lesson from that defeat & logically the only side thats gonna stop them this time is gonna be south africa :cheers:
turok

Post by turok »

Wales Vs Fiji - best game by far (unless you're Welsh)!!!!!

Fiji through to the quarters for the first time in 20 years, Wales out. End to end stuff, match in the balance until the last whistle.

Respect to Micheal Owen (no, not the toon hospital regular) for going across to congratulate the Fiji team at the end of the match - he must have been feeling like poo but showed great sportsmanship!!

South Africa Vs Fiji in the quarters - expect some crunching tackles and a few punch ups!!!! Can't wait.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I missed a lot of sports these past few days. Jaime must be feeling like s&*t, I think I saw England got through, and Scotland beat Italy? If so, I guess their strategy of resting #1 squad against New Zealand worked.

I don't think Fiji has a snowball's chance against SA, we'll see. Pete :cheers: