Manager Mourinho leaves Chelsea

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

mourinho

Post by redzonerocker »

& apparently he had to sign a confidentiality contract too, obviously to stop him lifting the lid on some of the dodgy dealings that went on behind the scenes :twisted:
£25 million pay off? quite obscene in my opinion :cry:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

redzonerocker wrote:
£25 million pay off? quite obscene in my opinion
That's only the cost of a half decent player in Premiership these days (or 10 Plymouth Argyle squads). Its probably loose change to Mr A.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Thought the club and Mourinho were trying to make out it was mutual consent and Mourinho was happy to leave.

Why a pay off if he chose to leave and break his contract.

Yes, ofcourse he was sacked!!

Mutual consent my ar$e.

Burger
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

sacked?

Post by redzonerocker »

fair point burger, but what could he possibly be sacked for? being successful? :shock:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Its been simmering for a while to be fair.

A personality clash between Mourinho and Abramovich and the fact Abramovich wanted "Barcelona in blue shirts" not the efficient,winning, but low on flair team he ended up with.

Still a joke though.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

The back page of the tabloids today suggested Drogba was in tears when he heard and now wants out of the club. :thumb:
Burger
Ace
Ace

Re: sacked?

Post by Burger »

redzonerocker wrote:
fair point burger, but what could he possibly be sacked for? being successful? :shock:
Know what you mean but debatable that one.
Never won the Champions league which, apparently Roman really wants.
Never won the league last year.
Boring, style of football, one dimensional that teams have now sussed out IMO.
Bad start to this season.

Yes, he's won things but he had an unlimited budget, unlike Man U etc.
He made some bad bad signings, but could just discard them and buy again.
Based on the money he had, debatable whether he was successful over the course of his term ???

Clearly the big boss didn't think he was, and he hires and fires.

Burger
Last edited by Burger on Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

The back page of the tabloids today suggested Drogba was in tears when he heard and now wants out of the club.
Drogba spits his dummy out and cries every time a decision doesn't go his way.
Baby, but quality striker.

Burger
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Burger,

Stick to developing chunks of HH, your comments on Chelsea are making you look like a sick jealous saddo!

With respect,

Caller
Talk is cheap
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Any specific reasoned arguments Caller, or just more catch phrases ?

Burger

PS: I haven't forgot your praising of my houses, only a few left, want one :wink:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Not with that shit you spray around the show house to keep the insects down when no-ones meant to be visiting. Thought I was gonna die. Still, it was nice sitting out in the garden for half-hour waiting for it to clear! Pity the show house didn't have a pool, or I would have been in there as well!! Mind you, that really might have killed me!

If in a few months you still have no takers and if property prices starts hiking up in the UK again - who knows? Otherwise, I'm looking further north and HH will be for my hols. I'm next there in April.

By that time, Chelsea will be champions again! :thumb:
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

All this disarray has caused me to say MU 3, Chelsea 1 today. Follow the lead of the guy who plays IKTS with dark thunder clouds of failure hanging over his head....LOL! :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Chelsea to win 0-1!

You saw it here first! :duck:
Talk is cheap
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

caller wrote:
Not with that shit you spray around the show house to keep the insects down when no-ones meant to be visiting. Thought I was gonna die.
'That shit' is actually termite protection, applied every 3 months, we specially organised it for that day, as we knew you'd be there :wink:
I'm looking further north and HH will be for my hols. I'm next there in April.
Further North, joining the 'cheap-skate set' hey, wise choice mate.
Look me up in April, I can be found in one of the bars 7 nights of the week. We'll have a beer, I'm sure we'll get on really, you can tell me about how you've enjoyed being a Chelsea fan since Sky Sports was introduced into your arm chair.

Cheers Caller,

Burger
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I'm up for that Burger, but I'll boor you with how both sides of my family come from the Sands End area of Fulham, by the gasworks, where all of my elder family worked, including my own man, humping coal for a living, and all within the sound of the roar from the shed! My grandad was a fan as well and my mum used to go when they could hang around and watch greyhound racing in the evening.

I first went to Chelsea when I was five and we beat Fulham 2-1 in the old 1st division, Osgood scored at least one goal. I was there when Best got sent off at a night game with a 60,000 crowd (I believe), I wasn't allowed to go to the cup final in 70 despite the fact I went to every home game that season, I was there when Bobby Charlton played his last game, and when we lost to Stoke in 73 at the League cup final, when we lost 7-0 at Wolves (my 1st away game outside of London), when we drew I-1 with the same team to get promotion in 77, I was also there when we lost to Wigan in the old league cup, in Wigans first season in the league, with only 13,000 or 7,000 in attendance, I used to be a steward when they were fans, but gave up when a dart was ained from a few feet feet at a coppers eyes who was standing next to me, and so on, you get my drift. I've done my time and still go, but less frequently. I've also seen us lose to and beat Spurs at WHL on many occassions.

So yeah, I'd enjoy that beer!
Talk is cheap