She's back

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
westmoor04
Amateur
Amateur

Post by westmoor04 »

Hi, is your house on avalon, just returned from HH and house interior looks very familiar, just wondering if you are one of the many people i have been waving to in the last month as they passed my house.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

migrant wrote:
johnnyk wrote:Yes, don't bother to ship everything. Ship the stuff that really matters and you can't replace, sell or give away the rest. I shipped stuff from Canada to France and regretted the hassle and expense of keeping very ordinary furniture. I'd have been much better off using the money to buy new.
Our last couple trips out I tried to check and see what was worthwhile to haul over, what wasn't.

About the only item I saw that I would probably take is my
Bar B Que - seems the choices are limited, and prices high plus personally I like a certain type.

But I also could have missed the best spots to find one
My neighbour had a cement BBQ built for peanuts, quite big and uses real charcoal. That's what I'm gonna do, I don't think the expense of shipping or buying is worth it but horses 4 courses.
:cheers: