Crazy Guy with Knife

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
NuggetTNQ

Crazy Guy with Knife

Post by NuggetTNQ »

Recently had my annual holiday in HH. Stumbling back to the hotel one night ran into a young Thai guy just outside Bon Bon bar around 2am. Told me he was security and pulled out this huge knife. Only a young kid really. Have to say i got out of there pretty quick smart. Anyone esle run into this kid? Seemed a little crazy.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Security at Bon Bon. :lach:
BEERBELLY
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BEERBELLY »

Where is this bar, one to avoid.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Its on the Soi between Bintabaht and Selekam.

You should probably avoid all the bars on that soi because he would have been OUTSIDE them also.
hogus
Professional
Professional

Post by hogus »

I think it was about 2 or 3 years ago when a mentally and physically handicapped kid patrolled opp. former Banana-Bar, near U-Turn and Celtic...telling around he's a security guy.
Some Thai-and tourist idiots gave him handcuffs, an army-belt and baseball-cab as gift, and thought it's a funny joke.
Problems start, when the kid tried seriously to arrest one of the "service-girls" and brought problems to others, too, because he felt insulted.
Later he was disappeared for months!

If it's the same one now, include a big knife, the bar owners in the street should start precautions, because the kid (or better teenager) isn't harmless as he looks!
Heebio
Professional
Professional

Post by Heebio »

On the assumption Baa Baa's comment echo mine - why the hell would you avoid a bar because of a one off incident where the perpetrator was 'outside' the place at 2am. Sounds like a place to avoid like... nonsense.

Bon Bon's a good little bar and the owner's a nice guy. Comments like Beerbelly's get on my wick no end.

I know the guy you're talking about Hogus and he is still around - see him wandering about keeping himself to himself. Was unaware of the incidents you mention but I doubt it was this guy - he can hardly be described a kid - he's in his mid twenties or older.
Never trust a hippy....
hogus
Professional
Professional

Post by hogus »

Heebio, Mrs. hogus has the opinion it's the same guy I mentioned above.
About his age?...difficult to say...but you're true!
It wouldn't hit the point to call him a kid or teenager right now!
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Heebio wrote:
Bon Bon's a good little bar and the owner's a nice guy. Comments like Beerbelly's get on my wick no end.
I think that was the point, Heebio. From the very few comments that BeerBelly has put on this forum, I would hazard a guess that he is trolling, just trying to annoy regular members. Best thing is to ignore him, or at least his inflamatory comments. :troll:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Heebio wrote:On the assumption Baa Baa's comment echo mine -
You assumed right Heebio. I presume BeerBellys never been there. (or Hua Hin by the sound of most of most his posts)

Christian (Bon Bon Bar) is a sound bloke, not that a random guy outside his bar is anything to do with him.
Heebio
Professional
Professional

Post by Heebio »

DawnHHDRC wrote:I think that was the point, Heebio. From the very few comments that BeerBelly has put on this forum, I would hazard a guess that he is trolling, just trying to annoy regular members. Best thing is to ignore him, or at least his inflamatory comments. :troll:
Agreed Dawn - I read some of his other posts after I posted on this thread and he's clearly the latest incarntion of our good friend the virgin.
Baa Baa wrote:You assumed right Heebio. I presume BeerBellys never been there. (or Hua Hin by the sound of most of most his posts)

Christian (Bon Bon Bar) is a sound bloke, not that a random guy outside his bar is anything to do with him.
Christian is no longer the owner Baa Baa - when his lease was due for renewal they doubled the rent in, from what I can make out, to be a deliberate move to get him out.

Bon Bon is now owned by an English guy and his Thai wife - he's a Sunderland man so he's gonna be a bit sore today!

Going back to the original post - the guy in question had nothing to do with Bon Bon Bar - the guy was a cousin of one of the girls in Victoria Bar (the one in the centre between Bon Bon and Buddy's) and had been called in to provide 'security' due to some tip off they'd had that there might be some trouble that night.

So, it was nothing to do with Bon Bon and it was not the disabled guy we discussed earlier. Facts, not fiction.
Never trust a hippy....
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Has Christian left Hua Hin now then Heebio?

I found him quite amusing, he was alright but he always looked seriously peed off! :mrgreen:
BEERBELLY
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BEERBELLY »

Heebio wrote:On the assumption Baa Baa's comment echo mine - why the hell would you avoid a bar because of a one off incident where the perpetrator was 'outside' the place at 2am. Sounds like a place to avoid like... nonsense.

I know the guy you're talking about Hogus and he is still around - see him wandering about keeping himself to himself. Was unaware of the incidents you mention but I doubt it was this guy - he can hardly be described a kid - he's in his mid twenties or older.
THERE IS A GUY STALKING THE AREA WITH A BIG KNIFE, important people are aware. Nonsense, I will not walk past late at night, I doubt many would. If you are responsible report it to the Police, better still get the owner, YOUR FRIEND to ask them to patrol the area more regularly untill the guy is caught.
People that do nothing get on my wick no end.
NuggetTNQ

Post by NuggetTNQ »

Just to clarify i did speak with the owner the following day. Ended up watching England V Australia in the World Cup at the bar. One of his girls told me the kid/guy hangs around that area most nights and hasent really caused any problems. I just got a scare as no one around and i was pissed and it was a really big knife :idea:
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

THERE IS A GUY STALKING THE AREA WITH A BIG KNIFE, important people are aware. Nonsense, I will not walk past late at night, I doubt many would. If you are responsible report it to the Police
Beerbelly I am sure the guy who is responsible is not going to report it to the police do you ????????? LOL :P
Have another chill pill :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I think Beerbelly meant if you are a responsible person not it you were responsible for this guy.
Isn't English fun?