Scotland Vs Italy

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.

Can Scotland rise to the occasion and beat Italy?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:56 am

Yes - this Scotland team will reach legendary status!
26%
Scotland will just do enough to lose out again?
26%
Italy will totally hump the Scots!
48%

Total votes: 23

Jockey
Banned
Banned

Scotland Vs Italy

Post by Jockey »

The big match for Euro 2008 qualification takes place on Saturday. I think the kick off is 6pm UK time so its 1am oor time Sunday morning. Can Scotland beat the World Champions or will they get humped - or will it be another Scottish valiant defeat - so close but not quite. I've heard the game is live on the South African satellite so some bars might be showing it (but will they close the doors and allow a stay-behind?) I think I know where the place to be is. The bar is run by a Scotsman. Calling all Scots - R U UP FOR IT? Kilts a swirlin' heads a burlin' thrills galore or Euro no more?
KelpieKiss
Banned
Banned

Post by KelpieKiss »

I'm shocked and appalled by the lack of faith this vote is showing. What do Scotland have to do to prove to the world that we're not complete numpties? Hampden Park will be a fortress of the brave this Saturday. Be prepared to watch the smiles wiped of the world champions big Brylcreemed nappurs. Rite up ye yabassa! Braveheart an awe that pish!
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

Well said Kelpiekiss! Och Aye The Noo! :guns:

A tough match no doubt - but Scottish history will be made - followed by full blown national independence! Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeduuuuuuuuuuuuuuum! :cheers:
miked
Professional
Professional

Scotland Vs Italy

Post by miked »

Dream on.
KelpieKiss
Banned
Banned

Post by KelpieKiss »

When you said 'dream on' did you say it in a kind of condescending, smug, posh school boy, stuffy nosed kind of way?
Last edited by KelpieKiss on Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miked
Professional
Professional

Scotland Vs Italy

Post by miked »

said in a way that the standard of football in Scotland is so poor. how can you take them as a serious threat to Italy???
KelpieKiss
Banned
Banned

Post by KelpieKiss »

Cause we beat France twice ya bam. That serious enough fur ye? We know we're pish but we also know we can win when we fight for it. Unlike England who think they can win everything and have no idea how pish they really are.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Hey guys lets wait for the result

The proof of the pudding/hagis is in the eating

I'm English but rooting for our neighbours

Come on guys and stuff the Itais

Hope England come up with some balls and spirit in the same way soon!!!!
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

richard wrote:Hey guys lets wait for the result

The proof of the pudding/hagis is in the eating

I'm English but rooting for our neighbours

Come on guys and stuff the Itais

Hope England come up with some balls and spirit in the same way soon!!!!
Just like the Scots will be rooting for Israel. I dont think so!

Come on Italy. :mrgreen:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

scots v italy

Post by redzonerocker »

i hope the scots beat them :thumb:
i think it will be a draw though, thats the italians speciality. i don't think scotland have enough creativity, they certainly have the heart & work rate so unless they produce another wonder goal from somewhere i would go for a 0-0.
at least your destiny is in your owns hands, good luck :cheers:

ps come on israel!! :mrgreen:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Ken
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Ken »

Game starts at midnight, Thai time. Also on UBC, Channel 61. Supersport are actually billing it as live coverage from 7.45pm, South African time which is 5.45pm GMT which is wrong. Game is 5pm GMT kick-off. They will probably sort it out but doesn't matter now UBC are also showing it.
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

Ken wrote:Game starts at midnight, Thai time. Also on UBC, Channel 61. Supersport are actually billing it as live coverage from 7.45pm, South African time which is 5.45pm GMT which is wrong. Game is 5pm GMT kick-off. They will probably sort it out but doesn't matter now UBC are also showing it.
Cheers Ken. I hope you voted suitably! So its on UBC - does that mean no need for a clan gathering?
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Post by Don East Stand »

The game starts at 5pm UK time but the build up has been going on for quite some time already!

I was woken this morning by the dustbin men, sorry should I say refuse engineers :roll: singing "Flower of Scotland" I now know why they're employed as "scaffies" and not taking part in "X" Factor :mrgreen:

The Sun newspaper on Wednesday had about 10 pages in the sports section regarding the match plus pages 4 and 5 also had an angle on it. I just get a little bit nervous when there's so much hype around, however I'm sure no one under estimates the task facing Scotland.

No matter what happens on Saturday it has been a fantastic campaign, and IF we could pull it off, well ......................... :guns: :cheers: :thumb: :cheers: :cheers:
Ken
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Ken »

Jockey wrote:
Ken wrote:Game starts at midnight, Thai time. Also on UBC, Channel 61. Supersport are actually billing it as live coverage from 7.45pm, South African time which is 5.45pm GMT which is wrong. Game is 5pm GMT kick-off. They will probably sort it out but doesn't matter now UBC are also showing it.
Cheers Ken. I hope you voted suitably! So its on UBC - does that mean no need for a clan gathering?
Going to watch it in Crawfords Hua Hin as told Tan it is only on Supersport which was true at the time. If correct result, going to go over to Billy's after game.

Who am I trying to kid, then going over to Billy's whatever the result.

Just voted - with my heart not my head.
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »