Certified Translator Required

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Certified Translator Required

Post by fft100 »

To register my daughter at the UK embassy in BKK, they need a certified translation of her birth certificate.

Does anyone know such a translator in HH ?

Many Thanks

Nigel
buksida

Post by buksida »

Had to do this for our son, now again for the second one in a couple of weeks. We used the law office "Siam Firm" I think its called, Somsak Chopaka was the lawyer.

Address is 13/59 Hua Hin Soi 47/1, Petchkasem Rd - Tel: 032-531508.

Wasnt cheap but accepted by the embassy which was the main thing.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Thanks. Hadnt thought of Somsak - which is odd as i use him for other company affairs
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

We use Somsak for a number of things and are very happy with his service in matters regarding our business activities .

For My marriage and divorce to an English lady I used translation services from one of the offices close to the junction of Sukhumvit and wireless road .100 Baht per A4 sheet pure translation ,always accepted without question by the embassy .Many of my staff and friends have used these offices for visa,marriage etc.

If you wish to avoid waiting around in government offices then there will be fees on top for the service .They will ,however, deliver all paperwork to your home or hotel afterwards and get you to the front of the line at government offices with all paperwork pre prepared before your arrival .Well worth paying for if you do not live in Bangkok .Our Marriage cost a totally hassle free 5000 Bht .Our divorce 2 years later was free .

How's that for a limited warranty agreement ?

Crazy88
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

crazy88 wrote: For My marriage and divorce to an English lady I used translation services from one of the offices close to the junction of Sukhumvit and wireless road .100 Baht per A4 sheet pure translation ,always accepted without question by the embassy .Many of my staff and friends have used these offices for visa,marriage etc. Crazy88
The going rate, just last week, is now Bht 400 per A4 sheet.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHHound
Banned
Banned

translator certificate

Post by HHHound »

MY Thai Atty advised me that altho0ugh she is a certified translator haveing a law lic doesn't carte balnce pass you on. I used a translator in BKK obn the same block as the U.S. Embassy and it was the wife of a certifed translator who kept looking into English to Thai dictionary for the correct words. tha was for a simple U.S. drivers Lic that had to be, at that time translate as I hear now english versions need not get translated...

Well, short of the story was the apparently there is some official stamp that is issued to the translator and only to them. Well, I had to wait for 30 min while a moto taxi guy delivered the stamp... That of her husbands unless her first name was Boongsong.....NOT.

Beware. I have already had some doc done at my lawyers office and had a girl who had a degree in English read the Thai translation back to me and it was spot on......

As with all in LOS, beware
HHHound aka Tripple H, shortened to 3H!
There may be a Mrs Hound but I'm leashless!
Onlyme
Professional
Professional

Post by Onlyme »

Can anyone translate the above post?
:?
¼Ã
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Just picked up a birth certificate translation today. P & A Notary, Translation Office. 1st floor of the Shopping Mall at the very rear. Cost 450 baht and duly notarised.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Just spent ages looking round Market Village For P A Notary without success, found siam legal though (closed). However now realise my mistake the 'shopping mall' is opposite the temple. What a 42 carat plonker I am!
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Law office Siam Firm Somsak Chopaka lawyer. 500Baht Translation + 1000 Notarised. Available in a couple of days.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Extremely expensive, Jimmy. P & A Notary - 450baht including being notarised.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Does the embassy accept notarisations from P&A? Its only worth saving the baht if they're officially recognised.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Yes they do. Already been done.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

HHTel wrote:Extremely expensive, Jimmy. P & A Notary - 450baht including being notarised.
P & A Notary needed 10 days which I thought was a long time.

Anyway gonna get it done near the UK embassy.

Where did you guys get your passport photos done for the little ones as I went into the Kodak shop on the main drag (Upstairs lab) and the document from the embassy regarding the photos. 45*35 cream/off white background. no watermarks etc they said they couldn't do. Was I bein g too technical as I know what the bloody embassy can be like!
buksida

Post by buksida »

I printed off the embassy rule book on photo dimensions and took it to the Kodak shop near the Subamitra hotel who produced exactly what we needed!

Will need to do the whole lot again next month :cry: