DEADLINE DAY

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
GOLDIE
Rookie
Rookie

DEADLINE DAY

Post by GOLDIE »

WAS ANY BODY HAPPY WITH THE SIGNINGS THERE CLUB MADE ON DEADLINE DAY :? :roll:
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Not sure that we need any, 4pts behind, lot of injurys, have to play the top teams once each, Watch out for the mighty Chelsea.

Lot of players as well on African Cup of Nations Duty (Drogba, Essien, Kalu) and still winning games.
Says a lot for the strength of the squad. Lot of young guys stepping up in the league cup games as well.

I will say the new manager has done a great job in keeping the team firing and I must be the 1st to admit I was very sceptical on how Grant would do, but must admit the games that I have seen, the team is performing very well. Still tight at the back even without our 1st choices.

We will see what happens later in the season. I personally think it will be decided on the games that the top 3 play against each other.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: \
Still the best league in the word
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

I am very happy that the mighty Hammers didn't make any signings, as in general these are over priced players being bought for desperate times (see 'the Mighty Hammers' this time last year!). It will be like having new signings anyway when we have a fully fit squad and Bellamy, Dyer et al are available. I am also very happy with how the team has done despite the injuries, sitting comfortably in 10th with wins against 2 of the so called Big 4 under our belt, and with a defensive record only bettered by that same group. One can only ask - why is Robert Green not deemed good enough for the England squad at this time? At least Upson has been recognised for his immense performances (cue a shambolic performance against Wigan today....).

chelsea,
Grant has surprised me too, but I think the real test will be during the summer and then next season, as he will have to do some transfer dealing and inevitably lose some of his squad. It will also be interesting to see what happens if Chelsea don't actually win anything this season (not saying they won't but just hypothesising).
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hopefully the Green Army has done some shrewd dealing throughout January - they've sold some fairly average players (don't forget, this is the team the experts thought would be favourites for relegation) for millions, and have replaced them spending thousands. So, basically they have replaced the players that the experts did not rate, and have made a huge profit :D

Of course, only time will tell regarding how happy I am. Thoughts so far:

- Last week, all over Portsmouth, but narrowly squeezed out of the cup.

- Midweek, a draw away to Ipswich - the team that hasn't lost in the league at home this season.

Looking good!
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
GOLDIE
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GOLDIE »

i WAS HAPY WITH THE SIGNING OF JONNY EVANS HOWEVER AFTER JUST WATCHING THAT LIVERPOOL GAME THAT RADE PRICA DOES NOT LOOK TO GOOD BUT ONLY TIME WILL TELL I SUPPOSE.GOTTA TRUST KEANO AND QUINNY THEY HAVE NOT DONE TO MUCH WRONG I SPOSE. :|