St Georges Day

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
JD
Legend
Legend

St Georges Day

Post by JD »

A Happy St Georges Day to all our English Forum Members.

There always seems to be threads every year for St Patrick's Day, Burns Night, St Andrews Day, St David's Day ((maybe), but at least every time the Welsh win at rugby or boxing, which seems quite a common occurrence nowadays, "Super Joe, Super Joe, Super Joe").

Anyway, to start this off on a positive note, The Ham & Bacon Company will be giving a choice of either a Steak & Kidney Pie or a Breakfast pack (comprising 3 Slices of Bacon 2 Sausages and a 1 piece of Black Pudding). To all paying customers tomorrow 23rd April 2008, which is 'our' ST GEORGES DAY.

Forget all of the immigration issues, forget the European Championships, forget the Rugby, this is a day that most of us forget to celebrate. (Even in England).

William Shakespeare had Henry V rouse his troops into battle with a shout of ‘Cry God for Harry, England and St George’, and while we’re not suggesting anything quite so dramatic, we're willing to help celebrate this truly English day. So if it's St George and dragons you're looking for, you'll be in the right place. (Sorry, no Dragons, the ex-wife's MIL refused to attend).

All pies will be warm straight from the oven, breakfast packs will be frozen for you to eat at your convenience.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

has the orange lucozade turned up yet? :mrgreen:

good on y mate....fly the flag!
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Jai »

Yes, A good day to all you English Men & Women!!

Apparently many years ago St. Georges Day was a big celebration in London City, around St. Barts and Smithfield area in particular and was a very colourful occasion with enormous quantities of pies and ale being consumed and much frequented by ladies of the night.

Perhaps some re-enactment of this festival could be revived by Hua hin ex-pats?

Mind you there are those in town who enjoy a similar lifestyle on an almost daily basis!

SJ
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Brilliant idea!

Make mine a steak and kidney pie - see you some time in the afternoon...
This is the way
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Any morris dancers out there :)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Have to say that the breakfast pack was a lot better than i was expecting. 3 good rashers, 2 sausages and a healthy chunk of black pudding (which you dont get enough of elsewhere imho)

Damn lucky that that was the day i ran out of tea and marmite !

The normal price for that was very reasonable and I will definitely buy a few more in future for the freezer and together with an egg, tea, toast and beans under the sala it will make a nice monthly treat.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

fft100 wrote:together with an egg it will make a nice monthly treat.
Why not go really mad once a month and get 2 eggs. :neener:

Cheers, I shall try it myself.