MotoGP

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
fach3003
Professional
Professional

Post by fach3003 »

VS, Hi hope allis well!

Not getting much of a chance on line lately! ( Baby and Computer virus!)

Laguna...was amazing...Rossi has completely rattled Stoner
goining into the summer break....

Rossis past through the corkscrew was amazing....
Vintage rossi! In the MCN weekly paper....
Stoner complaining....Just think Caseys not
used to real battles....Rossi from a kid has been
used to contact and pushing and shoving its part of racing...
Stoners had a fair grounding in his fast rise up but not rossi experience

As a racer (Old!) myself (Since 1995) it happens from the grass roots up...
what is his problem....i didnt see it but he wouldnt shake rossis hand
on the cool down lap....Hes gone down in my estimations...
I was prepared to let him off the hook as hes young and has to
deal with pressure o being in the limelight...which we clearly doesnt
like.... but he has been bad mouthing rossi from the holding area
at the end and on the rostrum.... :guns:

It aint tiddly winks!

Stoners Quote ' ive lost respect for one of the greatest riders'

Put him on a Yamaha....he'd struggle to the top ten...
If you watched the TV it had rossi and stoners throttle
and brake graphs....Stoners using 100% brakes and 100% throttle
whereas rossi feeding everything on and off....
All Electronics and anti lockbrakes....take then off.....

Stoner could never run Rossis pace on worn tyres and no electrical
help.....

Poor Lorenzo again....Toseland recons the same would have happened to
him if he pushed so hard wth the tyres Michelin gave them for the weekend!

Anyhow rant over!!!

No wonder they all boo and say bad mouth Stoner at Donington!!!!

Well we will all find out after the summer break....

Next year i will be watching it myself...living in HH!!! YIPEE
The only Geordie in sleepy Cha am since 2009 :cheers:
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

F3003: I bet you're going to miss racing your bike around the circuit, but I have a cunning plan. :idea:

You could use your skills to catch the little hooligans on their little mopeds who are currently making life hell for some Hua Hin residents. A race spec. 125 should be nimble (and powerful) enough to negotiate the sois. Only trouble is you'd have to have a copper on the back to do the arresting bit. :(

Back to the other serious stuff. Yes, Stoner needs to grow up a tad. Acting like a kid who's just lost his dummy isn't really on. The trouble is that he's been pushed like hell by his parents, and I sometimes wonder if he really has got the talent and enthusiasm or is it just dad living out his dreams...

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

For any of you who missed the MotoGP tonight the message is: Buy Bridgestone tyres for your motorbike.

Good to see The Doctor smiling on the podium. Sadly, Bradley Smith (125s) was left to colour in his circuit plan in the pits. What was he doing?

The commentators were obviously ecstatic that Ant West didn't finish at the tail end (for a change). We actually got to see him in the pits and he's not a young wipper snapper. He's looks nearly 25 years old! Poor lad, Kawasaki have said 'Thanks, but no thanks', so he'll have to trawl around to find another ride.

What's happened with James Toseland? I think that everyone expected a bit more from him, but he just doesn't seem to be settling in.

Ah well, it'll be nice if Rossi wins the title again, but the shows not over until the fat lady ....

VS
buksida

Re: MotoGP

Post by buksida »

Thought I'd revive this thread as I've been watching this season's races by downloading them the day after. I know its not the same as live but can't find anywhere that shows the races here.

Stoner seems to be having a bit of a bad run at the moment after his crash in Germany and over cooking a corner this week at Mugello ...

Be nice if Crutchlow can get a podium!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

I watch them live on a proxi as all other sport
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Nice if you have a MotoGP speed internet connection, mine has barely been able to view YouTube vids this past week :cuss:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
buksida

Post by buksida »

Watched yesterday's GP live on BBC 2 from Thai Expat TV.

Great to see The Doctor finally on the podium again, there will be some good battles next season when he moves to Yamaha. Also a nice tribute to Simoncelli, his bike ridden by Bautista coming in third. Looks like Lorenzo has the championship in the bag this season.

For those interested there is a good free app for MotoGP which lets you know all the race times in your own time zone, results, news etc:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lendarfree
buksida

Post by buksida »

Awesome to see The Doctor get his first win for a couple of years again! Hopefully the two-horse race between Lorenzo and Pedrosa will get a little mixed up again now!
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Thanks for the reminder, B. Haven't watched Moto GP for a while as, being a Rossi fan, I couldn't bear to watch him struggling at the back of the pack. If he's back on form, then I'll be tempted to watch it again, and if Lorenzo & Pedrosa are having a bit of tete a tete (or tyre a tyre) on the track, then it adds to the excitement.

VS
buksida

Post by buksida »

Good start for the Doctor at Dubai.

Anyone know a site where I can download the Moto2 races? (nothing on torrents and my connection isn't quick enough to stream).
buksida

Post by buksida »

Scariest crash I have seen ...

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yeah, I read that the guy in front braked for no apparent reason causing it all. Apparently Rossi was just missed by various flying projectiles and he was quite shook up after the race.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
buksida

Post by buksida »

This guy has been and still is a Legend ... will be missed next year though he has been down the pack for most of the past couple of seasons.

VALENTINO ROSSI: “SAD MOMENT, BUT I CAN’T COMPLAIN ABOUT MY CAREER!”
Valentino Rossi insists ‘cannot complain about his career’ despite admitting a ‘sad moment’ as he ended months of speculation by formally confirming he will hang up his MotoGP leathers at the end of the 2021 season.

After 25 years of international motorcycle racing competition, more than 420 Grand Prix starts and nine World Championship titles to his name, Rossi has decided he won’t continue racing bikes in 2022.

https://www.visordown.com/news/racing/m ... -my-career

231265868_2091484020992502_5170621605757583451_n.jpg
231265868_2091484020992502_5170621605757583451_n.jpg (189.3 KiB) Viewed 604 times
buksida

Post by buksida »

Super long shot here, but if anyone knows where to download World SBK races via torrents or watch on catchup please share (nothing on the usual sites).

I have a source for MotoGP races.
buksida

Post by buksida »

2022 MOTOGP CALENDAR GOES OPTIMISTIC WITH FULL INTERNATIONAL RETURN PLANNED

The 2022 MotoGP World Championship schedule puts faith in a return to a full international calendar, including two new events in Indonesia and Finland.

https://www.visordown.com/news/racing/m ... rn-planned

Thailand back also ... for now ... 30 Sep - 02 Oct