Forum Statistics

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Forum Statistics

Post by Lev »

Some of you will have recieved an email recently from our marketing guys about the forum. Here are a few forum stats:

The forum has been online for 22 months.

We have 505 registerd users.

166 of those have never posted.

121 have made only one post.

Only 8 members have made over 50 posts (and one of those is me!).

Members make 4.18 posts per day on average with 1.2 new topics.

We get approximately 0.75 new members per day (thats 3 new every four days).

Our average readership is 377 people per day (October 2004).

What I'm trying to do is step up the forum a little as explained here:
Stepping it up a bit

I'm really asking all those new members and ones that have never posted 'why?', as registration is not required to read the board's contents. Your input and suggestions are greatly appreciated ... don't be afraid!
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Hi Lev

I would guess that most of the people with more than 50 posts under their belt would be expected to be the administrators. :)

For myself, I do like to drop in and take a quick look around the board for things of interest almost every day. However, being based in Bangkok means I'm not in the thick of things in HH. I see it as an occasional weekend retreat, after all it's just a two-hour drive away.

I like HH for it's laid-back feel, and will definitely do a pub crawl next time I'm up (hopefully with no local elections planned at the time :roll: )

The thing I'm looking forward to is the next Jazz festival. The thing I'm curious about is, why are there no jazz pubs or venues there?
I was in Brown Sugar in Bangkok just last week, that's good jazz. Only problem is, a small bottle of ANY beer will set you back 140 baht. :(

As far as posts are concerned, I think most of the avenues are covered in fair detail, and don't change much. Hence the laid-back feel to it. Then again, you have your regulars. Those one-time posters probably are one-time visitors and perhaps find it a little too laid-back for them.

What would be of interest to me (Bangkok-based, with a taste for local food) is, where are the LOCAL venues? If I'm not at a hotel that serves 'plastic' breakfasts, my wife likes to go for rice porridge. I don't go for that stuff, and was looking all over HH one weekend for a place that served decent coffee and proper bacon and eggs. On the other hand, I do like the local fare for lunch, so Hainanese style chicken rice, or duck noodles come to mind.

And, as for browsing the net, I found that by going to the CAT building (just at the traffic lights) it's something like 15 baht an hour, as opposed to 2 baht a minute at some of the local internet cafes.

Perhaps next time I'm coming up I'll post first.
:cheers:

Cheers!
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

One reason might be that not all registered are native English speakers. This might make many feel shy about writing, although it shouldn´t be so. I try to mention this site every now and then on the other site where I´m a moderator (www.thairy.net/forum) which is a mainly a Finnish language forum but so far only a few that I know have written here. Perhaps we could try to organize a meeting (which we tried in June but were not succesful) and get more people living in Hua Hin as well as visitors more involved. That would probably make people more interested in posting here as well. I´ll probably be in Hua Hin during 21-24.11 and then again 5-8.12 so anybody who´s there then, let´s try to have a beer or two together, say for example at Billy´s.