What do you do with the kids..

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
kitechick
Amateur
Amateur

What do you do with the kids..

Post by kitechick »

What is there to do with my kids in Hua Hin? I know this question has been asked before from people coming here on holiday but I would like to ask the HHAD families who live here or come to Hua Hin often

What do you do with your kids at the weekend or on holidays? Do they get fed up of swimming every day or going to the beach?

The activities that holiday makers do may be too expensive for expat families to do every weekend. I know a lot of pre teens spend time hanging at friends or down at market village, but as parents do you think for children aged between 3 and 12 there is something lacking for the kids in Hua Hin.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I have no kids myself but have had quite a few chats with those that have and the concensus is that Hua Hin is indeed lacking in activities for the young.

It seems HH is geared for your older holiday maker. I have of course seen kids here, and because they obviously spent a lot of time on the beach Always resemble really red lobsters... :shock:

There are elephant rides and the like but how long do they last?

HH has (I believe) around 8 golf courses. That should tell you something.
www.35mmview.com
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

At this time of year, don't let the kids go into the sea. I walked the beach yesterday to Khao Takiab and I've never seen so many jellies washed up on the shore. Some of them will probably sting badly.
wanwan_lk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wanwan_lk »

the 3rd floor of market village have manythings for kids to play,but if you bored to go there then should go to the national park like Sam roi yod or pranburi park.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

As a parent of two young ones myself, I for one feel that HH doesn't have much in the line of keeping kids amused. Of course you nip up to Bangkok every now and then if you feel you must. Also, remember that while we as adults get bored with swimming, kids are sometimes different. A mate of mine who comes over quite often brings his boy with him (age 12) and the kid loves it here. Quite happy to spend every waking minute in a pool. Also, his dad hire a bike and they go for drives, which for us adults, may be boring but just goes to show. He also allows his kid to ride the bike but only up and down the soi. Always seems to keep him amused which leads me to think it's harder keeping kids amused if you're actually living here.

I know if I was 14 or 15, I'd be quite happy amusing myself in Bintabaht. Just as well my parents weren't living in LOS.......they'd never have seen me.

Jokes aside.....there's some kite boarding (depending on age of kids), go-karting, cinema, bowling alley and that's about it really.

Good luck and I'm sure your kids will enjoy themselves.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

We get plenty of children at our place, and they always seem to enjoy themselves.

However - I would not recommend fishing for children below the age of 6 - the attention span is normally still limited 8)
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Sorry Terry, I forgot to mention your place. I've never been but I can't wait to get over their. The problem is, I take my fishing very seriously so if I brought the kids along I'd end up throwing them in the water as they're only age two and four and would wind me up beyond belief.....lol.

As a side note.............I've never fished fresh water before.....only rock and surf in South Africa. Spent many a night fishing... never caught much but with a few mates, some beer, brandy and sherry, what great times we had :cry:

Will be over soon and once I do, you'll have another regular.

S
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Takiap wrote:.........The problem is, I take my fishing very seriously ........(OK - good) .............I've never fished fresh water before....(Don't worry we'll teach you) ...........only rock and surf in South Africa. Spent many a night fishing... never caught much but with a few mates, some beer, brandy and sherry, what great times we had :cry: ..........(Kind of explains things :wink: :wink: )

Will be over soon and once I do, you'll have another regular. (You'll be very welcome :cheers: :cheers: )

S
Sorry Takiap - just couldn't resist the edit button with your post.

Having said that - we have had our moments too

Look forward to your visit :thumb:
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

I have the mental age of an 8 year old, so I may be qualified to make a couple of comments:

the zoo is fun, especially if you like gibbons
drive up and play crazy golf at Sea Jays
go elephant trecking
and...err...that's about it
ดวงขึ้น
จิม