VIP buses

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
richard
Deceased
Deceased

VIP buses

Post by richard »

Hi

Looking to get down to HH on the 24th and keep hearing about the VIP buses from Korat to HH

Anybody got tel nos. and timetable info please?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
stgrhe
Professional
Professional

Re: VIP buses

Post by stgrhe »

richard wrote:Hi

Looking to get down to HH on the 24th and keep hearing about the VIP buses from Korat to HH

Anybody got tel nos. and timetable info please?
Sorry, I can't help you with that, but my wife took the VIP bus the other way two weeks ago and she was very pleased with the service (nothing like the poor service to from HH to Bangkok she said), although the journey apparently takes 8 hours since there are many stops en route.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Richard,

There is a bus from Korat to Hua Hin, nice bus too, departs from "Bus Ternimal 2", the large bus station, which you'll probably get dropped off at by the bus you take from Khon Kaen.

Departs 3 times a day at 10am, 2pm and 10pm.

You'll be paying around 380-400 baht I think for Korat to Hua Hin.

Think you can make a reservation on this number 044 255 555 but I think they want you to show up an hour before departure with that or you can just buy one when you get to the bus station, will be OK as that bus starts in Korat so it's unlikely to be full from the off.

BTW, Yeah, stgrhe is right, about 8 hours. Might be worth getting your Mrs to ring them and check the above info is still the case as the last time I checked this stuff was a few months ago, probably is still the case but you never know, assumption is the mother of all screw-ups, certainly here.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

spitfire wrote:Richard,
Think you can make a reservation on this number 044 255 555 but I think they want you to show up an hour before departure with that or you can just buy one when you get to the bus station, will be OK as that bus starts in Korat so it's unlikely to be full from the off.
Defintiely make a reservation! Travelled on this last year and it was full with some folk sitting on red plastic seats in the aisle! :shock: I guess they're the ones who just turned up?

Apart from that, it was very comfortable and although by-passes Bkk, stops at lots of places en-route starting at Saraburi. It started emptying about half-way into the journey.

Will be using it in a few weeks myself.
Talk is cheap
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Ah MrC, you must have caught it at one of those crazy long weekend/holiday madness times when the cities empty and everyone wants to leg-it back home for a few days. That's usually when you get the red stools in the aisle thing going on, yeah, not so funny. :blues:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

spitfire wrote:Ah MrC, you must have caught it at one of those crazy long weekend/holiday madness times when the cities empty and everyone wants to leg-it back home for a few days. That's usually when you get the red stools in the aisle thing going on, yeah, not so funny. :blues:
Thinking about it, it was about 8 days before songkran.

Whats it likely to be like on 7 December?
Talk is cheap
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Many thanks

HH here I come!!!!!!!
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

My partner has used it a few times and was pleased with the service as it cuts out having to get a taxi from Mo Chit to Saitaimai, or whatever it's called.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Caller,

Well, just looked at the calender and it's a bit messy around then. You've got:
-H.M's birthday on the 5th, which is a Saturday.
-Then Sunday 6th off too.
-The 7th is also a holiday...says (Substitution for H.M. The King's birthday),whatever that means.
-8th and 9th appear to be normal but the 10th is a holiday too (Constitution day).
-Then you've got the weekend again.

Bit of a mess really, I suppose it will start to go silly on Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th, probably the 5th a bit too, on the roads leaving BBK.

8th and 9th everyone should be home by then so could be alright and if there are any going back to work then it'll be on the roads to BBK and not away from it the other way. Many may well just flunk the 8th and 9th off anyhow and stay home till the Sunday and then travel back but again it should only be a problem on the roads leading to BBK. Around the King's birthday then of course it'll be the other way round, if any of that makes any sense.

If you plan it right then you should be able to get away with it.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Oh Gawd - thanks for heads-up SF! :thumb:

I'll get the missus to make some enquiries and if push comes to shove will hire a car one way. I see Budget are in Korat and I'm picking up from them in Hua Hin on the 8th in any case, so may use them instead of the bus?
Talk is cheap
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

spitfire wrote: -H.M's birthday on the 5th, which is a Saturday.
-Then Sunday 6th off too.
-The 7th is also a holiday...says (Substitution for H.M. The King's birthday),whatever that means.
That'll just mean that the public Holiday is on the 7th because the actual date fell on a weekend.

My GF has got to get down from Korat on the 5th, I'll bet she'll be in a particularly delightful mood if all the buses are rammed full. :shock: :wink: