Makro on Wheels

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
PeteC

Makro on Wheels

Post by PeteC »

Now here's a good idea for someone living in a rural area, and the investment is not big. Perfect for a Thai wife with time on her hands, or any member of your extended family in a location with a few villages nearby. Pete :cheers:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/ret ... -on-wheels
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Thinking more about this, in the evenings and on holidays it could easily be turned into a mobile karaoke platform with enough room for cold beer, spirits and mixers. That will be a major selling point. :shock: :idea: :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

That's kind of taking the old California "Roach Coach" idea a step further...

My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

hhfarang wrote:That's kind of taking the old California "Roach Coach" idea a step further...

Ohhh allright!!!

Memories of the good old days @ Stoneridge Prep School in are flashin before me Eyes. Back then when we have our first break @ 10am the Lunchtruck of Dave comes around then we have Breakfast! I usuall order: "Uno Pollo Bowl pequenyo por favor?!" Hey I got an Idea! Hmm.. How much would it cost to buy a Roachcoach err Lunchtruck have it shipped over to Thailand? Open a Rolling Tacoria here in Hua Hin would be a Thailands 1st. And probably the selling point too!
Open somewhere near Salasian School or near Kao Takiap in the Afternoon, then near Nightmarket in the Evening then afterdark inthe middle of the Bintablock.
Thanks Hhfarang for putting this great but possably suisidal Ideas into my head!

(Diagnosis: Virtual Insantity do we have to admit Hua Hin Reggae Dhe undastudy (my alter Ego) to Sritanya Madhouse????)

Your's The understudy!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

There is a guy based up in Nong Ki who has a really good mobile shop.
It's quite large ten wheel truck with sides of plate steel that fold down onto legs to make a floor. Then he has shelf units in the middle that come out on rollers and a set of steps to get in so that you end up with a two aisle shop about the size of a 7/11.
It's obviously been made locally and I admire the ingenuity of it.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

hhfarang wrote:That's kind of taking the old California "Roach Coach" idea a step further...
You should see now, the roach coach has really gone upscale with trucks ranging from Korean BBQ (yum!!) to Macaroni and fine cheeses!

These trucks are being sought after by all types from the very well off to students :cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Makro on Wheels

Post by Nereus »

prcscct wrote:Now here's a good idea for someone living in a rural area, and the investment is not big. Perfect for a Thai wife with time on her hands, or any member of your extended family in a location with a few villages nearby. Pete :cheers:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/ret ... -on-wheels
These things have been on display at the Bangkok International Motor Show for at least the last 3 years. There used to be one selling coffee outside one of the big shopping centers in Bangkok some time ago.

Just imagine the scope for a bit of tea money for the Manager of the shopping centre, or the Pui Yai Baan in the Village.

Just a better version of the Thai pick-up truck with attached loud speaker that they have now, and if you get companies like Makro involved in it, the Village people trying to operate it will get ripped of by them as well.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Memories of the good old days @ Stoneridge Prep School in are flashin before me Eyes. Back then when we have our first break @ 10am the Lunchtruck of Dave comes around then we have Breakfast!
Yeah Understudy, good memories for me too. The first job I had in California (1980) had a roach coach (or maggot wagon as some called it) come buy the office building between 8 and 9 a.m. every morning and I always got a "Breakfast Burrito". They were great, a traditional burrito with beans hot sauce and meat of your choice including fried or scrambled eggs inside... yum!
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

"Under the scheme, DFM and Makro will co-design the mini trucks and approach grocery-store owners to buy them to transport their goods or use them as mobile grocery stores, restaurants, bakery and coffee shops, said Pitaya Tanadamrongsak, managing director of DFM, the importer of DFM multi-purpose trucks from China".

Bakery? Coffee shop? Restaurant?

Yes, I can see one of those Mini vans as a shop, servicing the smaller villages with a "limited range of goods" but not the three businesses listed above. For that you would need a much bigger vehicle IMHO.

Can we have a table for 8 please and we would like to be seated well away from the orchestra. I don't think so. Image
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.