Football, 5 a side or even 11 anybody play out here?

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
afterdarkimhandsome
Amateur
Amateur

Football, 5 a side or even 11 anybody play out here?

Post by afterdarkimhandsome »

I love my football, although the extra few pounds im carrying doesnt. Anybody play football and need somebody to stand and play a post ?

Ive played to a not bad standard back home...! Just realy fancy a kick around.
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

When I first came to Hua Hin there was a team of sorts - Hinchester United - and some informal 'training' sessions were held every week, but the problem was that only about 10 people ever showed up, combined with the lack of any decent facilities, or even open ground to play on. I would love to play either 5 or 11 a side again (would probably kill me!) but the lack of facilities remains a problem. There is a pitch just up the road from me in Samorprong but I'm not sure if we would be allowed to use it - it is fenced in and I have been told that it is 'private'. We used to play at the school next to the Tesco Lotus/Homepro development and probably could again but it's not ideal - very bumpy and little grass. We have also played up at Palm Hills/Stamford University which was better but not ideal because of location for many people. As far as I am aware there are no indoor 5-a-side pitches anywhere.
afterdarkimhandsome
Amateur
Amateur

Wanderlust, i dont know the area yet but honest if it meant i had to rent a tuk tuk to pick some people up i wouldnt mind it would be worth it to have a game, and a beer afterwards to talk about the 40 yard shots that hut the post, playground football...brilliant.

Could we not gather up some folk to get a 5 a side game on the go? Or put together and 11 a side team and play a team from somewhere else as a charity event or something?

HHAD United...? Or am i living a dream?
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

I would be up for it but as you can see by the number of responses to this thread there doesn't seem to many others! I do know that the Chiva Som has regular football amongst the staff but it's unlikely that non staff would be allowed; if we can find somewhere reasonably decent to play on a regular basis which is accessible to most people then there is a chance - I will ask around the people I know to see if they are interested, and will also enquire about the pitch near me again. ailing that we could always go for a bit of beach footy?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I remember a few years ago when visiting Pai up north, that there was weekly game between the local coppers and the ramshackle selection of farangs who happened to be roped into the game at the time.
It was actually a highlight of every week. The coppers all turned out in proper team strip, including shin pads, and only lost once in the three months I was there.
So, maybe an idea to bring up with the local constabulary/military. I bet you'd get access to decent grounds then and they might well appreciate the idea.
Just a thought. My playing days are over, but I'm willing to have a beer or two after cheering the farangs (whoops, police) on :thumb:
buksida

Post by buksida »

As Wander said, we used to play on Sunday arfternoons and sometimes even got a few decent games in with the local plod or students.

Problems seem to be finding a day where everyone is free from work or other commitments , finding a pitch that doesnt resemble a north Cambodian road, and finding a way for unfit lardasses like me to stay alive for more than five minutes.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
afterdarkimhandsome
Amateur
Amateur

Playing against the local police or army would be a brilliant idea... Anyone have any contacts that we could initiate the thought process with???

Even once a month would be a good starting point? A good day out for friends and family and local folks to have a laugh..... Couple of beers afterwards to quench the thirst......

a half decent pitch would be a bonus !

:thumb:
Mintlaloon
Novice
Novice

Interested in playing

Post by Mintlaloon »

Hi, I'd be up for a game though probably not as quick as I once was (which was never very quick).
Live not far from the pitch in Samore Prong but can travel to where ever for a knock about, only problem is I work month on and month off so am only there half the time. Would be up for it though.
Have played futsol at the local school with some local lads before so they may be up for a game?
Cheers.
afterdarkimhandsome
Amateur
Amateur

mintlaloon,

im a toonser, take it your a chiel??? I work month on month off and am just about to move to hua hin this month.... if you play golf or fancy a beer get in touch and ill see what we can come up with..

Darren
Mintlaloon
Novice
Novice

Post by Mintlaloon »

Yes originally I am from the metropolis of Mintlaw but have been away for some time now.
Am always up for a beer or a kickabout when I'm home (normally in that order), drop me an e-mail.
khaosai
Rookie
Rookie

Post by khaosai »

Small world eh, im a teuchter asweel and remember the nichts oot at tracks in mintlaw or at the disco in ald deer. Fancy a beer bit nae sure aboot the runnin aboot bit efter a fitba !!
chaiwat
Novice
Novice

Post by chaiwat »

I'm a member of Hua Hin senior football club .we have 30 members we
always have the friendly match every month.Almost of member are business man ,goverment officer also lord major of hua hin.If you would like to join with us to play football we glad to welcome.Tomorrow we have
a match at Boi Fai School (Hua Hin Telecom Cup) You can to see me there
at 16.00.

Chaiwat :) :)
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Welcome to the forum Khun Chaiwat. Where and when do you practise?