Retirement Visa renewal

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
machersjohn

Post by machersjohn »

Lomu you are correct. I applied for my oa retirement visa in the uk. They issued me with a non imm valid for three months and on arrival issued a one year oa . At that time i did not apply for re-entry visa but was avaiable if wanted. On arrival i was taken to the supervisers office where i was treated with the utmost courtesy and stamped out all in two to three minutes
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

:bow: :bow: Lomu lomu i read it wrong its just a retirement visa obtained in home country you still report every 90 days when you are here
the original op implys that you get it abroad turn up here get a one year stamp and then one day before it ends go and get another year no mention of 90 day reporting which is why I and WL i think picked up on it

as i say the only farang visas that goes longer than 90 days i have ever seen is a diplomatic visa and a resident visa
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Exactly Sarge,
I'd love confirmation that you can get "2 years out of 1" from a multi OA. (I still think that's possible, but would like to hear from someone who's done it).
I'd reckon that after the first year most people will have made their minds up regarding retirement and will extend anyway within Thailand.
The OA is just a privilege that is extended to potential retirees in their own countries.
FutureResident. Reckon we've sorted out most of the fundamental queries re your post. Can you confirm how many of these AO visas you've had and whether a multi-entry will work for two years?
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

I think you will find that if you havent registered as a retirement visa either here in Hua Hin or a soisuan plu it will have no more than a normal multi entry non o ie 15 months max because on entry he will have to report or exit every 90 days anyway no way does he get a whole 364 days here without kissing or fondling some immm rear somehow

but this is thailand so who knows just dont bet your rice bowl on it :mrgreen: :thumb: :cheers:
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
machersjohn

Post by machersjohn »

Sargeis correct, youhave to report every 90days. On your last 90days they tell you you must renew before your oa expires. They normally give you 90 days from when you renew to keep things tidy
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

sargeant wrote:I think you will find that if you havent registered as a retirement visa either here in Hua Hin or a soisuan plu it will have no more than a normal multi entry non o ie 15 months max because on entry he will have to report or exit every 90 days anyway no way does he get a whole 364 days here without kissing or fondling some immm rear somehow

but this is thailand so who knows just dont bet your rice bowl on it :mrgreen: :thumb: :cheers:
Wrong. If you get an OA visa in your own country the entry stamp is for a year. Report every 90 days. Cuts out the applying for an extension for a year in Thailand the first time round.
You may have to get another visa after that (I'm not sure) - unless you extend within Thailand.
Sarge, that's the only differential
You get your "extension for a year" in your home country. And why not? The person has demonstrated funds that are required for an extension here anyway. That's why they get a NonOA.
Sure they've got to report every 90 days. That's the magical number, as I've said on other threads. The thing is that you dont have to exit the country, just report. It's all true.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I was splitting hairs.
An OA visa is good for a year entry stamp with 90 day reporting.
Simple as that. End of story.
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

lomuamart wrote:Here we go:
http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2493

Still. No mention of a multi-entry and the "second year".
Am I reading this correctly. For the first period, the Baht 800,000 can be deposited in a bank outside Thailand?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

malcolminthemiddle wrote:

Am I reading this correctly. For the first period, the Baht 800,000 can be deposited in a bank outside Thailand?
I'm not sure, but I doubt it. The 800k has to be in a Thai bank account. The 65k income can come from anywhere as long as your Embassy certifies it. Or combination of the two.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

lomuamart wrote:
malcolminthemiddle wrote:

I'm not sure, but I doubt it. The 800k has to be in a Thai bank account. The 65k income can come from anywhere as long as your Embassy certifies it. Or combination of the two.
It is plainly written thus:

2.4 A copy of a bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 800,000 Baht,

And this:

3.2 At the end of the one-year stay, the alien who wishes to extend his/her stay shall submit a request for the
extended period at the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer, or a deposit
account in the Kingdom,
or an income certificate, at the amount of no less than 800,000 Baht :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

Nereus wrote:
lomuamart wrote:
malcolminthemiddle wrote: Am I reading this correctly. For the first period, the Baht 800,000 can be deposited in a bank outside Thailand?
It is plainly written thus:

2.4 A copy of a bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 800,000 Baht,

And this:

3.2 At the end of the one-year stay, the alien who wishes to extend his/her stay shall submit a request for the
extended period at the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer, or a deposit
account in the Kingdom,
or an income certificate, at the amount of no less than 800,000 Baht :cheers:
Let's not forget this is an application being made outside Thailand by someone who may never even have been to Thailand before.

I read that to mean the first deposit can be held in the country where the application is being made ie UK, while the second deposit is in the Kingdom should the applicant decides to extend.