Covid-19 News & Updates (Thailand and Southeast Asia only)

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
Slydog
Novice
Novice

Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19) News

Post by Slydog »

HHTel wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:51 pm
Slydog wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:34 pm
HHTel wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:25 am My daughter has just returned from collecting her free 'food parcel' given by the Tessabahn. She was 122nd in the queue and she said that there were 500 behind her. Less that 50 metres from the collection point they were respecting 'social distancing'. But beyond that it was 'shoulder to shoulder'!!
Can you not afford to feed your daughter?
She is married with her own family. She doesn't normally live with me.
You'll be asking next if I send her out on the streets with a tin cup!!!
It was a simple question.

As I'm sure many members here including myself have been donating regularly to the Tesabaan food drop in the hope that it is going to people who are truly struggling and in genuine need.
Which obviously your daughter is.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

NO. It was a pointed question with implications.

Only 2 posts. Not sure you'll make many friends here.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

My daughter in London just sent me this youtube interview. I initially put it down as a crank, but this guy if his qualifications are to be believed, is HIGHLY qualified.
Having said that, I've listened to it but I just don't get it.

Comments?

hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Conspiracy theorist. His crap about fauci, gates, etc. has been debunked. I think he also subscribes to the 5g causes corona virus belief. My sister sent so many links to his YouTube rubbish it nearly drove me bonkers.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

:thanks: :agree: ... I think.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

You might even get a link to one by Dr Shiva, the inventor of email. :)

Corona virus is becoming a top money opportunity.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

HHTel wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:05 pm
NO. It was a pointed question with implications.

Only 2 posts. Not sure you'll make many friends here.
Quite.... A cracking way to introduce himself to the Forum.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

STEVE G wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:46 pm A small easing of lock-down where I am in Europe caused it's own problems!:

Police intervention at McDonalds drive-thru as crowds swarm to fast food re-opening
https://today.rtl.lu/news/luxembourg/a/1502983.html
Seriously...... FFS. :roll:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I've got to the stage where I'm avoiding 95% of TV news (in the UK) due to Covid-19 overload. It's not so much informing any more as depressing. Am I alone?
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:56 am I've got to the stage where I'm avoiding 95% of TV news (in the UK) due to Covid-19 overload. It's not so much informing any more as depressing. Am I alone?
You're certainly not... not so much depressing, but annoying. The government's evening "Daily Dose" of regurgitated b*ll*cks and meaningless graphics have beaten me - I've reverted to "Pointless" on BBC2 (there's a link there somewhere).
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Totally agree with DM & PH.
We watch the BBC evening news every evening, and are beginning to think we shouldn't. We're fed up with hearing about not enough PPE for people dealing with Covid-19 patients, depressing videos of those who have lost loved ones with/because of the virus (there's a big difference), and totally inaccurate charts projected on screens. The one this evening (21st) got us scratching our heads - the news report of deaths bore no resemblence to the fancy bar chart.

We'd far rather watch Pointless or Richard Osman's House Games or (on Monday) the final of University Challenge. Such a pity that Corpus Cristi didn't win. I much prefered the very brainy Wang to the animated and rather arrogant Bracknell (yes, I'll use his surname which is traditional rather than his preferred and insisted upon first name).

Ho hum, I guess I'll watch the news again this evening just because I feel I should - but as soon as I hear the 'same old, same old' I'll switch channels.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

So much of the US News is hammering away about what a useless narcasistic moron Demented Donnie is. WE KNOW THAT--you dont have to keep repeating that, its not NEWS is OLDS.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

It seems that lots of us Brits watch the BBC News out of a sense of duty, although likewise am beginning to find it all very repetitious with very little real news. What I find particularly frustrating, are the reports of numerous small manufacturers willing to make PPE but are struggling to get around the bureaucracy of it all - I appreciate it isn’t easy, but it must be possible to make somebody responsible (as part of a bigger team) whose only job is to deal with these companies and get things moving. PPE (or lack of it) is one of the single biggest things that will have a huge impact on the morale of the NHS and other frontline workers.
buksida

Post by buksida »

PRAYUT HINTS BUSINESSES MAY NOT REOPEN BY MAY 1
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is non-committal in reopening businesses by May 1 as speculated by some observers, saying on Tuesday there is “no rush.”

The remark came in spite of Thailand’s falls in numbers of new coronavirus infections; only 17 cases were reported today. But PM Prayut said the matter of reopening the economy must be carefully deliberated by the Cabinet next week.

“I won’t cave in to any pressure,” Gen. Prayut said, adding that he will also deliberate on the possibility of extending the Emergency Decree in the meeting.

Although some firms are eyeing a reopening date on May 1, including Central Group’s shopping malls, Prayut said today he has never committed himself to lifting the ban on businesses on that date.

He said the lifting of lockdown measures, even when partially, may lead to a new wave of widespread infections.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/bus ... -by-may-1/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

R I D I C U L O U S !!

At this rate, we'll still be under lock down when the rest of the world having suffered much more than Thailand are open for business.

Control Control Control!!!