'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Re: 'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Post by Big Boy »

Oh dear - I've never heard very much too positive about Tha Yang - hopefully, you can change that.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:27 pm Oh dear - I’m in big trouble then as mine expired 3rd June. I obviously mis read that there was an amnesty until 31st July - better get my wallet out for tomorrow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have to say that the announcement that was made and the poster that was published, were a little ambiguous. They say that any kind of temporary permission to stay (which is what a yearly extensions is) and based on any visa type, is automatically extended till July 31 (see image below).

However it is true that various people have applied for and been granted yearly extensions, and the perception is that yearly extensions still have to be done as normal. I guess the only way to know for sure is to ask immigration.
Attachments
IMG_20200501_074342_compress57.jpg
(280.17 KiB) Downloaded 700 times
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Well I’ve just got back from Immigration and other than it taking longer than normal (1 hour) it was otherwise completely as normal. No mention was made about my extension being late, my yearly extension granted until 3 June 2021, one year from this years expiry. Ambiguous or not, the “all visas” comment obviously applied to yearly extensions as well.

Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

There you go,no need to have worried and no fine either. :D
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Zidane wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:25 pm There you go,no need to have worried and no fine either. :D
True and I’m hoping that I get a better nights sleep than I did last night!!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:40 am Well I’ve just got back from Immigration and other than it taking longer than normal (1 hour) it was otherwise completely as normal. No mention was made about my extension being late, my yearly extension granted until 3 June 2021, one year from this years expiry. Ambiguous or not, the “all visas” comment obviously applied to yearly extensions as well.
Well, that's an excellent result! What about the medical insurance that you mentioned having bought?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Nereus wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:40 am Well I’ve just got back from Immigration and other than it taking longer than normal (1 hour) it was otherwise completely as normal. No mention was made about my extension being late, my yearly extension granted until 3 June 2021, one year from this years expiry. Ambiguous or not, the “all visas” comment obviously applied to yearly extensions as well.
Well, that's an excellent result! What about the medical insurance that you mentioned having bought?
Yes I included that and they were happy I assume, because they did not comment about it. Other than being slow, I came away very happy

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

So you were only a week overdue? As I said yesterday, I think they give a few days grace before the fine kicks in. Anyway, well done, and a good news story from Tha Yang at last.

Points 51; Position 21
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:13 pm

So you were only a week overdue? As I said yesterday, I think they give a few days grace before the fine kicks in. Anyway, well done, and a good news story from Tha Yang at last.
There may well be a couple of days grace with a tourist type visa, but if it was not for the Covid-19 blanket extension the result would have been as HHTel has posted.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:

I’m pretty sure that in the past there was no leeway on being late, certainly not by 8 days, so the temporary ruling on visas being extended until 31st July was my saviour, rather than being given a few days grace. Anyway as you say, it’s good rather than bad news and may alleviate other people’s concerns

GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:23 pm I’m pretty sure that in the past there was no leeway on being late, certainly not by 8 days, so the temporary ruling on visas being extended until 31st July was my saviour, rather than being given a few days grace. Anyway as you say, it’s good rather than bad news and may alleviate other people’s concerns

This. There was never any leeway on being late for a yearly extension in the past, only on overstaying a tourist visa or visa exempt entry. There are multiple stories of people who were just one or two days late on their yearly extension, having to leave the country and start again.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

GroveHillWanderer wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:23 pm I’m pretty sure that in the past there was no leeway on being late, certainly not by 8 days, so the temporary ruling on visas being extended until 31st July was my saviour, rather than being given a few days grace. Anyway as you say, it’s good rather than bad news and may alleviate other people’s concerns

This. There was never any leeway on being late for a yearly extension in the past, only on overstaying a tourist visa or visa exempt entry. There are multiple stories of people who were just one or two days late on their yearly extension, having to leave the country and start again.
Thankfully that didn’t apply, but it would have been interesting (to say the least) if I had been told to leave the country when there are no scheduled flights out? For once, common sense seems to have prevailed.

sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:40 am
GroveHillWanderer wrote:

Thankfully that didn’t apply, but it would have been interesting (to say the least) if I had been told to leave the country when there are no scheduled flights out? For once, common sense seems to have prevailed.

There are flights out but no schedule flights in :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I will repeat what I wrote on the last page. The year before last, I was 3 days late extending my visa at Hua Hin. The fine was 500 baht per day and I had to pay a 1500 baht fine. I specifically asked if there were any further repercussions in my case and the lady officer said no.

To not get a fine is excellent, well done.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

As usual, it is sounding like a case of which officer you meet on the day. Every success story brings a smile though.

Points 51; Position 21