Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which vaccine(s) have you or will you receive?

______First__________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
15%
Johnson & Johnson
1%
Moderna
1%
Pfizer
18%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
14%
Other
No votes
______Second________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
25%
Moderna
3%
Pfizer
20%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 79

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m sure it will be a case of first come, first served - private hospitals will be after your money!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Having dabbled in the current registration process, I think 3,000฿ including insurance against vaccine reactions sounds a very fair price to pay to avoid another unfit for purpose Thai IT system.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Foreigners face longer wait for jab

Nevertheless, she said that foreign residents may have to wait until August to register for vaccination.

"As I have said before, the Health Ministry plans to vaccinate Thais first. We will try our best to vaccinate Thais within two months, namely June and July, and then try to open foreign resident registration in August," Ms Panruedee said.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... it-for-jab

And I'm sure the CCSA will once again call it 'Fake News', despite, once again, using direct quotes from officials.

Note that quoted as August to REGISTER for the vaccine, not for it to be administered.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yet in Chiang Mai......
CM.jpg
CM.jpg (100.65 KiB) Viewed 415 times

Points 51; Position 21
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Since when are BMA officials allowed to make statements of national policy?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Until the various offices of government talk with each other, there'll never be a 'one voice' policy.
As usual in Thailand, everyone in various government departments, regardless of how small or insignificant an individual's role is, they all consider themselves more important than others and will continue to make 'misleading' statements with the belief that they have the authority to do so.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Big Boy wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:01 pm Thai FDA grants emergency use approval for Moderna COVID-19 vaccine .

The vaccine is the fourth coronavirus vaccine approved so far in Thailand. Its use is valid for one year from May 13, Paisan Dankhu, the Secretary-General of the Food and Drug Administration said.

moderna2.jpg
Is the Moderna vaccine produced on licence in Spain :?
hahuahin
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Buriram makes Covid vaccines compulsory for high-risk groups

Buriram ordered people in high-risk groups to take coronavirus vaccine or face fine and jail time, the province announced this week.

The official order was annouced Thursday night.

The governor of each province has the authority to introduce Covid-prevention and restriction measures as they deem appropriate, according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), formed under the power of the state-of-emergency decree.

Buriram Governor Tatchakorn Hatthathayakulorder’s order states that every citizen over the age of 18 who lives and works in the province must fill an offline or online self-evaluation form and hand it in to the local health authority.

The local authority will then determine whether the person is considered to be at risk of Covid-19 infection.

If the person as considered to be at risk, they will have to be vaccinated on the date and time that the authority designates.

Refusal to fill the self-evaluation form can incur a fine of no more than 10,000 baht or jail for no more than one month.

A violator who refused who refuses to be vaccinated could face a fine of no more than 40,000 baht or jail for no more than two years.
https://www.thaienquirer.com/27519/buri ... sk-groups/

Wow..let's see how that one pans out! :|
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

That whole article prompts the response "ONLY IN THAILAND!!"
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:43 pm "ONLY IN THAILAND!!"
It is the non-existence of central government/guidance.
  • Chiang Mai will vaccinate everybody next month.
  • Buriram want a risk assessment form. Failure to comply means prison.
  • Some places are insisting on using a Line app.
  • I read yesterday about some provinces doing a door to door.
  • I could go on, but I think we're all aware of the inconsistencies/farce.
It is as if we have 77 headless chickens out there.

Points 51; Position 21
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I like to think that provincial and local public health authorities and hospitals have people who know what they're doing (unlike the politicians who just like the sound of their own voices uttering idiotic statements and soundbites) and where possible are getting organized and setting things up for whenever they get the vaccines.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I actually agree with that 100%. I worked with senior military all of my working life. The military officers would make a statement, and I was one of those who had to turn the hot air into something sensible.

Points 51; Position 21
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19) News

Post by Ratsima »

Please move if this is in the wrong thread.

I managed to get a vaccination appointment this morning using the Line app. I got up very early to try but the app still would only accept Thai citizens. My wife tried a couple of hours later and managed to get me registered and to select an available appointment.

As far as I could tell there is no English language option. If you have rudimentary Thai reading ability you should be able to do the registration part. (Your birth year is to be in Buddhist years,)

When you go to select an appointment theee is a short health questionnaire which which exceeded my reading ability.
B406C329-F6B7-47BB-B55A-8270A9A0480E.jpeg
B406C329-F6B7-47BB-B55A-8270A9A0480E.jpeg (21.54 KiB) Viewed 246 times
You can save the appointment slip from within the app, but the quality is pretty poor.

The only reason I knew this was going to be possible today is because someone posted an informal Thai language notice at my sister-in -law’s condo.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Mrs B got a call yesterday from the local clinic here (BS) confirming her registration and appointment for the first AZ shot from June 11 (She's under 50).

I know farangs have been able to register with the app (if their tech and Thai kung fu is strong enough) - but it will be interesting to see if they all actually get the shot when these appointments come around. If so it means they certainly do have enough supplies, if not they will still prioritize the soi dogs over us.

Edit: I just got the mrs to call the clinic back and enquire about her white devil of a husband and the offspring. They said they would register me and wanted details from the pink ID card and my age (under 50 but not by far) so I'm on the list now and we'll see what happens. Kids cant have it until they're 18. Appointment will be from the 11th (after the 60+ group has been done).
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

How does one get a pink ID card?