The Recommended Movies Thread

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: The Recommended Movies Thread

Post by HHTel »

Watched it last night. Good movie. I've seen a few pics where the robot has been photoshopped alongside Harry.
The new Meghan!!
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Babylon just dropped on YTS. With Brad Pitt and the delicious Margot Robbie.

"An original epic set in 1920s Los Angeles led by Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie and Diego Calva, with an ensemble cast including Jovan Adepo, Li Jun Li and Jean Smart. A tale of outsized ambition and outrageous excess, it traces the rise and fall of multiple characters during an era of unbridled decadence and depravity in early Hollywood."

https://yts.mx/movies/babylon-2022
download.jpg
download.jpg (5.73 KiB) Viewed 288 times
OOOOh yeahhh. :laugh:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Probably out for a few days but only just noticed. Plane and Black Panther Wakanda Forever on yts.

https://yts.mx/movies/plane-2023

https://yts.mx/movies/black-panther-wak ... rever-2022
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:00 am Probably out for a few days but only just noticed. Plane and Black Panther Wakanda Forever on yts.
Black Panther certainly out for a little while, but "Plane" was certainly one that went under the radar - ta for the heads up! :thumb:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've downloaded, but not watched Bank of Dave. Friends in the UK are raving about it, so I thought I'd share.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Infinity Pool has hit the shelves. Not watched yet but with Mia Goth (fast becoming my favourite horror actress) and Alexander Skarsgård (The Northman) headlining, I'm sure it'll be a good 'un. With Mia in it, it may just be a sick, twisted weird-fest (fine by me) who knows. :wink:

James and Em Foster are enjoying an all-inclusive beach vacation in the fictional island of La Tolqa, when a fatal accident exposes the resort's perverse subculture of hedonistic tourism, reckless violence and surreal horrors

https://yts.mx/movies/infinity-pool-2023

:cheers:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

^^^
With Mia in it, it may just be a sick, twisted weird-fest (fine by me) who knows.
Just going through some reviews (lots of positives, 86% rotten tomatoes and 6.8 IMBD), but it appears my suspicions may be somewhat correct... :wink:

'... That's a good thing, as Infinity Pool is one of the most original, disgusting, hypnotic, and revolting movies in quite a while.'

Very much looking forward to this one after work today. :laugh:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

The latest addition to the Shrek franchise Puss in Boots: The Last Wish is here. Good family fun, some excellent reviews.

https://yts.mx/movies/puss-in-boots-the-last-wish-2022
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Lost wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:50 am ^^^

That's a good thing, as Infinity Pool is one of the most original, disgusting, hypnotic, and revolting movies in quite a while[/i].'
Now that's a review!! I wasn't interested but am now :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:06 am I've downloaded, but not watched Bank of Dave. Friends in the UK are raving about it, so I thought I'd share.
Its a slow starter but worth watching through to the end, nice to have a feelgood movie in tough economic times!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks for that, we've still got to watch it yet.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

migrant wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:20 am
Lost wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:50 am ^^^

That's a good thing, as Infinity Pool is one of the most original, disgusting, hypnotic, and revolting movies in quite a while[/i].'
Now that's a review!! I wasn't interested but am now :cheers:
Still not managed to get round to it, work and football got in the way the last couple of days, but with no early rise tomorrow morning (fiiinally) it will be getting seen tonight :D.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

^^^ Really bloody enjoyed this! It's not a niche, twisted movie like some of Lars von Trier or David Lynch's offerings for example but rather geared towards a wider audience while still remaining fairly weird and unsettling.

Original? Totally! Hypnotic? Yes! Disgusting and revolting? In small doses. Keeps you thinking also. 8.5/10 for me (Mia Goth may have affected my rating ever so slightly :D)

:cheers:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Fancy an easy watch feel-good sports film based on a true story? Look no further than Home Team. Some familiar names with Kevin James and Taylor Lautner starring. Rob Schneider also makes a few scenes. Poor reviews all round ( :D ) but don't pay attention to them. It appears most were angry that Sean Payton managed to gloss over a scandal with a family comedy. I really enjoyed it this morning!

'Two years after NFL head coach Sean Payton is suspended, he goes back to his hometown and finds himself reconnecting with his 12-year-old son by coaching his Pop Warner football team.'

On Netflix or here: https://yts.mx/movies/home-team-2022
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Not a new one but I watched this again last night and, after a quick search, it doesn't appear to have been mentioned before. Clown (2014), is certainly in my top twenty horrors, and I definitely recommend it if you haven't already seen it. Directed by Jon Watts of all the recent Spiderman movies, and horror legend Eli Roth on the producers list. I love this one. Very mixed reviews, mind.

'When a hired clown fails to show up at his son's party, Kent decides to wear the clown costume he found in the attic of his house. Horrific things happen when he can not take off the cursed costume'

https://yts.mx/movies/clown-2014