TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
pharvey

Re: TV series worth watching/downloading

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:52 am Dark Matter

I've just started the second of 3 seasons (13 episodes each) of this excellent (IMO) sci-fi show. Note the date as another sci-fi series of the same name has recently started on Apple TV+.
Six people wake up on a spaceship in the farthest corner of space with their memories wiped off. However, they find a cargo full of weapons and their destination set to a remote mining colony.
I'm bingeing on all 3 seasons, season downloads from eztv and PB.
Something I've got on the watchlist.. Luckily enough, I've got Apple TV+ so no need to download - have to say, Apple TV is spot on for the Sci-Fi addicts.

On another note, trying to download https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3231564/?r ... _Manhattan - checked PB and can't find on eztv... Any ideas?

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:31 am On another note, trying to download https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3231564/?r ... _Manhattan - checked PB and can't find on eztv... Any ideas?
Ideas... :idea: Check the spelling! It's there on both.

https://eztv.tf/search/manhattan
https://thepiratebay10.xyz/torrent/7129 ... _AC3_1080p

Thank you kind Sir :bow: It's not true what "they" say about you :wink: ... I did double check I'd not tried the "Welsh Spelling" :oops: , but for some reason I'd only found Season 2 on PB and zip on EZTV (different site addresses used though)
This is the way
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I watched two and a bit episodes of Wreck. It seems quite 'young adult' to me. The writing is very poor and the characters cardboard cutouts.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

dtaai-maai wrote:
pharvey wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:31 am On another note, trying to download https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3231564/?r ... _Manhattan - checked PB and can't find on eztv... Any ideas?
Ideas... :idea: Check the spelling! It's there on both.

https://eztv.tf/search/manhattan
https://thepiratebay10.xyz/torrent/7129 ... _AC3_1080p
On my wizz TV too

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

404cameljockey wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:37 pm I watched two and a bit episodes of Wreck. It seems quite 'young adult' to me. The writing is very poor and the characters cardboard cutouts.
So I'm guessing NOT "worth watching/downloading" then... :wink:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

thecolonel wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:12 pm On my wizz TV too
:thumb:
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I really enjoyed Sharp Objects. A reporter returns to her small home town to write about two murders there, and uncovers her troubled past, even more so than she ever could have expected.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

dtaai-maai wrote:Dark Matter

I've just started the second of 3 seasons (13 episodes each) of this excellent (IMO) sci-fi show. Note the date as another sci-fi series of the same name has recently started on Apple TV+.
Six people wake up on a spaceship in the farthest corner of space with their memories wiped off. However, they find a cargo full of weapons and their destination set to a remote mining colony.
I'm bingeing on all 3 seasons, season downloads from eztv and PB.
Don't know if it's already been mentioned but another faraway in space series which I remember watching around the same time as Dark Matter was Killjoys.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

"Don't know if it's already been mentioned but another faraway in space series which I remember watching around the same time as Dark Matter was Killjoys."

Not sure if this is the one, but judging by the preview, it's not one I'd go for - despite the rating...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3952222/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:45 pm "Don't know if it's already been mentioned but another faraway in space series which I remember watching around the same time as Dark Matter was Killjoys."

Not sure if this is the one, but judging by the preview, it's not one I'd go for - despite the rating...
Oh Pietro <sigh>, you're such a ... killjoy...

I'll be giving it a go.
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:34 am
pharvey wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:45 pm "Don't know if it's already been mentioned but another faraway in space series which I remember watching around the same time as Dark Matter was Killjoys."

I'll be giving it a go.
:butt:
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

For the spook fans Red Eye is very watchable if not very believable. Plenty of action and MI5, CIA and Chinese spies.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

More on spooks: A three-part documentary Secrets and Spies: A Nuclear Game is available on BBC iPlayer now.

"A British diplomat stationed in Moscow could tell something was up. Waking in her apartment a little worse for wear one morning, she found a badly burnt saucepan left on her stove. Well aware she was being surveilled by local intelligence agents, she scribbled a note to admonish them. “You went a bit too far here…” she wrote, before heading out for the day. When she returned, a reply had been left. “You left it on,” the new note read, “we turned it off.”"
buksida

Post by buksida »

dtaai-maai wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:34 am

I'll be giving it a go.
I'll grab the pilot and give this a go. Dark Matter (the new one) is also on the list.

Outer Range has also just started with season 2, it combines my two favorite genres - sci-fi and western.

There are also new Doctor Who episodes running though it may be a little too woke for me these days.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

buksida wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:58 pm Outer Range has also just started with season 2, it combines my two favorite genres - sci-fi and western.
Hadn't seen the second season was out - thanks for the heads up :thumb: