Carabou Cup

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Carabou Cup

Post by Lost »

Chelsea vs Tottenham up next for the semi final. A return to Stamford Bridge for Conte. Should be a spicy affair. :D

And a Liverpool vs Arsenal encounter to look forward to.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Carabou Cup

Post by caller »

Lost wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:50 pm Chelsea vs Tottenham up next for the semi final. A return to Stamford Bridge for Conte. Should be a spicy affair. :D
Conte was a very popular manager at Stamford Bridge. He'll get a great reception. Both he and Tuchel like to play similar systems.
Talk is cheap
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

History is stacked against Tottenham in tonight's semi-final encounter at Stamford Bridge. One win in 34 attempts there. One clean sheet. Dating back to 1990. At least any damage done may get reversed at the lane in the 2nd leg. :wink:

I bet that donkey Lukaku steps up and plays a blinder now he's back in the team.

:cuss:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lost wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:17 pm History is stacked against Tottenham in tonight's semi-final encounter at Stamford Bridge. One win in 34 attempts there. One clean sheet. Dating back to 1990. At least any damage done may get reversed at the lane in the 2nd leg. :wink:

I bet that donkey Lukaku steps up and plays a blinder now he's back in the team.

He’ll probably get a hat-trick!!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:23 pm He’ll probably get a hat-trick!!
I hope so! :D
Talk is cheap
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:23 pm
Lost wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:17 pm History is stacked against Tottenham in tonight's semi-final encounter at Stamford Bridge. One win in 34 attempts there. One clean sheet. Dating back to 1990. At least any damage done may get reversed at the lane in the 2nd leg. :wink:

He’ll probably get a hat-trick!!
Was thinking the exact same thing but didn't want to type it out and nudge it into reality. :D
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Arsenal/Liverpool postponed.

We, of course, knew this would happen once Salah and Mane left. I'd be surprised if Liverpool play another game until they're back.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

I'm not alone in my thinking. Most Tottenham fans know what's coming it seems. :laugh:

(the triple negative is burning my eyes a bit here)

lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Lost wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:39 pm Arsenal/Liverpool postponed.

We, of course, knew this would happen once Salah and Mane left. I'd be surprised if Liverpool play another game until they're back.
That will not happen, there would be a build up of to many games ples it could be the 8th of February before they are back.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Cracking start👌
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Two own goals. :laugh:

Really not gonna be our night. Sub Tanganga and Doherty off already. No need to wait till half time.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Chelsea very good but that was easily the worst half of football in the Conte era. We're the ones looking like a non-league team now. How have we gone from dominating a team like Liverpool, to being run ragged by Chelsea? A Chelsea team bullied all over the pitch by Brighton last week.

Horrible viewing.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Well Lakaku didn’t score (even though he should have), but Chelsea were easy winners and if anything the scoreline flattered Spurs. Barring a major turnaround in the second leg, Chelsea have 1.3/4 feet in the final.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:58 am Well Lakaku didn’t score (even though he should have), but Chelsea were easy winners and if anything the scoreline flattered Spurs. Barring a major turnaround in the second leg, Chelsea have 1.3/4 feet in the final.
Yup, they definitely should have scored more. Will that come back to haunt them... 8)
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Looks like the Spuds defence have reverted to the Man U playbook :neener: :laugh: :naughty:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.