Aol blocking email

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
buksida

Aol blocking email

Post by buksida »

Admin asked me to post this as we have had several Aol users (UK and US) contact us with problems on the board.

Aol has been blocking email from this domain and bouncing it back to us so you either cannot activate your accounts or we cannot reply to tell you we have done it for you.

Advice: get a proper email provider, Gmail is a good alternative.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
buksida

Post by buksida »

Bumping this one since we've had a few more people register with Aol accounts.

You won't be able to activate your account!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

The word in the industry is that both AOL and Microsoft are not investing in the future of email. Both of them started giving free email to get more and more people around the globe to catch on to email and therefore pay for their services in other ways. These benefits do not exist any m ore and real email companies like Yahoo and Google (gmail) are going to be the standard.

I would thinks that all the telcoms companies will slowly withdraw their free services at a later point unless the supply as part of a mobile or land line deal.

I had a case last year of MS Hotmail deleting emails that had attachments without any notice to the sender or the recipient.

The one worry I have is that if gmail and yahoo do corner the market they may both introduce charging. That would be a pain in Thailand.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yep, it really baffles me why people that rely on email use such shocking services such as Aol and Hotmail, I guess its the same as trusting the Thai post office to deliver a letter with money in it.

There are good alternatives in Gmail or even better buy your own domain name, the costs are minimal and the peace of mind and reliability in email without limits on attachments etc is worth every baht IMO.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I mainly use aol, my kids wanted it, and just never switched.

I registered last week and all seemed to work OK.

I guess it's time to make the switch