HSBC Bank Account

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
niggle
Guru
Guru

HSBC Bank Account

Post by niggle »

If I open a HSBC account in Thailand, is this classed as a Thai ban for visa purposes ?
Ta !!
bozzman101
Guru
Guru

Post by bozzman101 »

is there a hsbc branch in hua hin??? :o :o :o
Once you go Asian you will never go Caucasian !!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Niggle

No HSBC bank in HH to my knowledge

I bank with HSBC offshore and tranfer funds to Bangkok bank in HH. So far, no problems
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
niggle
Guru
Guru

Post by niggle »

HSBC is in Bangkok. Just wondering if it is classed as Thai bank for visa purposes if account in in Bangkok or whether money has to be in a Thai based bank. Thailand - I also have HSBC in UK and could transfer money free this way
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

What sort of visa are you talking about? If it is a non immigrant 'O' based on marriage to a Thai then there is now no requirement for money to be in a Thai bank; however, in typically inconsistent Thai immigration rules, I believe that a retirement visa does require the money to be in a Thai bank. I would imagine HSBC is classified as a Thai bank, as long as you get statements showing Thai baht in your account.