Driving to Bumigrad

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
niggle
Guru
Guru

Driving to Bumigrad

Post by niggle »

Anyone have driving directions to Bumigrad Hospital in Bangkok ?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I don't have specific directions, but if you know the Nana area, when you come down Nana Soi 3 towards Sukhumvit from Petchaburi Road, if you stay in the right lane there is a small soi that leads to the entrance of Bumrungrad and there is a sign pointing the way from Suk Soi 3. Alternately, you can get to it from Sukhumvit Soi 1 directly from Sukhumvit Road.

I recommend giving it a pass entirely and going to the private non profit hospital St. Louis on Sathorn Road. It has equal care and expertise (IMO) at half the wait time and half the price.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

HHF seems to have covered directions.

I would also advise giving it a pass, don't know HHF's suggested one but my recommendation to anyone would be Samitivej Hospital Soi 49 Sukhumvit, private, first class everytime we've been and I don't think much different in cost to Bumrungrad.

SJ
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I don't know how many of you know this but ever since Taksin implemented socialized medicine here, i.e., the 30 baht health care scheme, the only way they could get doctors to work in the government hospitals was to require it for one or two shifts per week and allow them to work in private hospitals the rest of the time to make their living.

My wife waited for surgery at the (reputed to be) finest government hospital in the country (Chulalongkorn) for over a year and was finally told quietly by one of her doctors that if she went down the road a bit to St. Louis she would have essentially the same doctors and surgeons.

We left Chula on Sunday and she had surgery on Monday morning at St. Louis. The price was very reasonable (much less than Bumrungrad, and ten times at least less than in the states) and the service was excellent. We will never go anywhere else for any medical care we have to leave Hua Hin for.

BTW, St. Louis is a not-for-profit private hospital run by the Catholic church.
niggle
Guru
Guru

Post by niggle »

Thanks
problem is 'er indoors needs to get a hip replacement / hip religning and everyone seems to say Bumigrad is best - unless anyone knows differrent ??
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Not getting into debate about the hospitals

Directions to Bumungrad from Hua Hin

Once on the Bangkok Expressway, cross Rama IX bridge and take the left fork Signs for Chang Wattana & Rama IX Road.

Follow signs for Din Daeng / Port / Sukhumvit and take the Sukhumvit exit.

Once down the ramp turn left over the railway track and immediate left again into Sukhumvit Soi 1.

Bumungrad is at the end on the RHS.

This is a long way round but ensures that you get onto the correct side of Sukhumvit and avoids unnecessary traffic (apart from the descent ramp to Sukhumvit which sometimes gets a bit busy - usually with the BIB at the bottom of it!)

Distance from top of Rama IX bridge to Sukhumvit off ramp - about 15.3 km - as scaled from the Think Net Bangkok Map!