Scooter hire Hua Hin

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
quick-jonny
Rookie
Rookie

Scooter hire Hua Hin

Post by quick-jonny »

Hi to everyone,
Can anyone give me the address of a reputable(!!) scooter hire company in Hua Hin with weekly/monthly hire prices.
Thanks
Stu-Pot

Post by Stu-Pot »

I have hired scooters several times over the past few years from the guys at the Hua Hin Temple gates. Never experienced any problems with them. Just pay your cash & off you go!!

Walk to the end of Soi Bintabaht, and the guys are right in front of you.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Check the insurance cover

If you come a cropper it could cost you

Jings guesthouse would be a safe bet. Talk to Chris and Jing
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

the temple bikes are hit and miss....some are good, some are deathtraps. Id personally advise you to hire one from the hotel you are staying in, or through a trusted expat mate who knows what to look for.

Common faults are crappy tyres that are half flat, no oil in the sump, half dry/flat batteries or no brakes to speak of. Get a semi geared one and you can guarantee the grearing has been thrashed to death so avoid em like the plague.

Another one to look for is its been dropped and the bars are off line, or the forks are twisted off line....in other words it steers like a shopping trolley. Missing mirrors and scuffed fairings/grips are always a good indicator.

One final scam that seems to have re-appeared. Check the vehicle tax sticker and see its in date and valid.....the plod seem to know which of the temple area hire bikes are untaxed and will hit you for a spurious fine.

:cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
quick-jonny
Rookie
Rookie

Post by quick-jonny »

Thanks for the information - I'll really be looking for automatics, as I've never had a bike licence and I think I'm getting past that now.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I get mine from near the Chinese temple on the front by the Hilton, have been for 10 years and price has stayed much the same.

NOKYAI
jasonw
Banned
Banned

Post by jasonw »

I always hire from the Starfish bar in Bintabaht, good bikes, reasonable prices and the staff are very helpful.
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

I use Nana on Poolsuk, though she doesn't have many and often runs out. I have had a bike from her on occasions for several months, without any problems or incident.

With regard to the licencing issue - I did get stopped on this once, and went to her about it. She already had the paper there and had tried to contact me about getting it affixed. She even took care of the 200bht ticket for me. I suspect it is more about the date of expiration, than knowing which bikes don't have them. If they all expire in batches, say on the first day of a month or a quarter, then it is an obvious day to check for it.
Had enough of the trolls. Going to sleep. I may be some time....
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

quick-jonny wrote:Thanks for the information - I'll really be looking for automatics, as I've never had a bike licence and I think I'm getting past that now.
The Fat Cat Guest Hous at the Pier has four brand new Honda automatics for hire at competitive prices. 8)
A friend is only one click away