Food Poisoning from Burger King

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Food Poisoning from Burger King

Post by margaretcarnes »

hhfarang wrote:I attribute the worst case of food poisoning I've ever had in my life to a Burger King Whopper in the U.S. years ago. I've had many mild cases living in the middle east and Thailand since then but I think that one would have killed me if I wasn't young (late 20's) and healthy. I had a fever of 104, horrendous stomach pain, and stuff coming out of both ends simultaneously :mrgreen: . It started within an hour of eating the burger.

Before that I loved Whoppers but I've never been able to eat one since... :(
Burger Kings latest creation - a huge pizza/burger plate full of fat, carbs and salt - is said to contain about 2,500 calories. That would probably finish you off these days HHF!
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
OscarMike

Post by OscarMike »

A Whopper is a good hangover food - eaten many times and never had food poisoning. Now those chicken burgers in 7-11 are a different story Image
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

I have a normally cast iron constitution. Been very rough twice and not been back to the OP mentioned establishment. Out at both ends within the hour with a lot of sweats and shakes. Nothing to do with the 15 heinekens and the flaming sambucas of course :wink:

Crazy 88
somerset
Rookie
Rookie

Post by somerset »

last time i went to burger king i felt really sick afterwards. not food poisoning but there was definitely something wrong with it...
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

prcscct wrote:As mentioned, food poisoning can be a tricky business. If the OP's boy got home from BKing and immediately started to vomit and other things the odds are pretty good it was something from there. If it was hours later it's hard to tell unless it is group related like we see in the news when an entire school class or tour group comes down with something.

Plenty of times I've had some problems only to discuss with the wife that we ate together at the same places 3 times that previous day, and basically the same dishes. So then why only me has a problem the next morning? You can rack your brain and never come up with the correct answer if it was a bad tidbit from one of the same shared dishes, or something totally different from further back than our meals together. Not an easy science. Pete :cheers:
Because if your wife is thai you will get sick much more than her in Thailand as she have more immunity with the local viruses and bacterias than you. This is just normal, i was sick every month when i first came to thailand, for almost a year. Right now i'm sick only every 6 months. I'm getting better with the local infections. Easy science for me.

If she's a farang like you, from the same country as you... i can't explain what is happening.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

I have eaten food from Burger King on several occasions and i have never felt sick or unwell afterwards.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Name Taken wrote:I have eaten food from Burger King on several occasions and i have never felt sick or unwell afterwards.
Ditto.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Amarita

Post by Amarita »

I think that when you eat burgers and pommes frites at these places
you eat the food too fast. You stuff in a big burger and Xtra at a
very short time and your stomach is overwhelmed.
Normally, for most of us, we use some time to eat a meal.
I also think that we often eat junk food alone and then eats
faster than with others.
eddysbay
Amateur
Amateur

Post by eddysbay »

when my g/f and i were in h/h in march, i ordered a meal from B/K due to the fact marie was unwell and in the hotel room. after eatig a couple of the chicken fillets i decided that not all was well. neither was i four hours later!!
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

Thai people don't care about hygiene in food storage, you should be careful all the time. Just walk arround the market and see how they keep the porc without any refrigeration for hours and hours. It's totally insane and when you ask them why they do that like that they just answer "thai people are not afraid to die", "thai people can eat everything"... so never listen to them about food.
Krisian Olsen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Krisian Olsen »

Go for MC DONALDS :)
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Amarita has a great point and I know i have suffered because of throwing food down when in a hurry.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

I really wish there were Taco Bell fast food restaurants here in Thailand, sometimes i get a real craving for mexican food.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

There are some restaurants in Hua Hin that serve Mexican food, but I agree, even though it's generally considered crap Mexican food, a Taco Bell would do well here.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?