Xmas Lunch or Dinner

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
gilped
Amateur
Amateur

Xmas Lunch or Dinner

Post by gilped »

Does anyone know who is doing a really good Xmas Day dinner? I'm thinking more on the hotel restaurant side but happy to hear any suggestions.

Cheers

Gilped
Rone

Re: Xmas Lunch or Dinner

Post by Rone »

Any recommendations at all, dosnt have to be a hotel, just nice xmas day dinner in a nice (friendly) place.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

SJ's

Same as their Thanksgiving tomorrow

Buffet---(turkey, ham, etc) eat as much as you can type thing with music and a pleasant ambiance for around 600 Bht
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

You might want to check with Terrace90. They are having a traditional Thanksgiving dinner tonight for 499 baht and I suspect they will do the same for Christmas, though I've seen no announcement yet.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well, we got a little ripped off last year.... no names mentioned. So it's a bash at home (in HH) with the LHG, mother-in-law and the neighbours, plus a few friends. I actually prefer not having a big ''sit-down'' meal. When the LHG and I have previously celebrated Christmas at home in China, it's been friends coming around and everybody bringing a dish or a bottle - turns out to be a complete mish-mash buffet and great, great fun. People do not feel they have to sit down to eat at a certain time, do not have to eat or drink a certain thing. Our ''traditional'' Christmas dinner consists of Beef, Chongqing Hot-Pot, Chile, Salads, Noodles, Rice, Christmas Pud, Trifle...... you name it!! As such, all relaxed, no arguments and loads to eat!! :cheers: :cheers:

Sorry - getting back on topic!!! I did hear last year that the Sofitel put on a good meal plus entertainment - I may be wrong, but from memory very reasonable at 800 odd Baht.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Parvey, what time should we arrive? :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

hhfarang wrote:Parvey, what time should we arrive? :D
You'd be more than welcome HHF - seriously :cheers: :cheers: ........ What American delicacy are you bringing??
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Shouldn't you be basting the Turkey now????? Hope you have a great day. :cheers: :cheers:
Amarita

Post by Amarita »

We want to come too !
What do you want us to bring ?
Lily

Post by Lily »

I believe Dara bar on Soi 102 did a brilliant Xmas lunch last year, not sure if they are this year but I am sure someone reading this will find out and let everyone know !
Cheers :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Amarita wrote:We want to come too !
What do you want us to bring ?
Let's all meet up beforehand to discuss the menu!! :D :cheers: